• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great fabric. Looks nice. Is it just pictures or does a lot of Mina's stuff look a bit loose around the neck?

In my experience, this is an area for which nearly all my coats has required a bit of extra attention.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Knee-length DB overcoat in grey herringbone wool/cashmere blend, flapped patch pockets and rear half belt. Also had a basted fitting for a knee-length SB overcoat in pure navy cashmere - will snap pics at the forward.
file-10.jpg

file.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

That coat is seriously gorgeous.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great fabric. Looks nice. Is it just pictures or does a lot of Mina's stuff look a bit loose around the neck?

I don't think it looks loose, but I think it's on the lower side.

Eddie - lookin' great!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great looking overcoat MT. Is that herringbone blend from the LP book?

I believe it is, although Mina will remember for sure as it inexplicably took me a few months to finalize the fabric for this first overcoat commission. :embar:

gusvs

Reaction score
Eddie, that overcoat is amazing! I'm ordering mine on next NSM visit!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That looks really great, Eddie. I'm looking forward to seeing your coat as well. When's the next fitting?

Last edited:

rob

Reaction score
I'm thinking we need that coat thread, yes?

Rob

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coat looks great but I'm not sure I dig what's going on at the bottom / hem there. Is that NSM's typical aversion for lining? The folded part and sewing is unusually visible for an overcoat. Is the fabric on the lighter side for coating ?

Last edited:

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great overcoat MT. Aren't the sleeves a bit short though? I would think they be long enough to cover your jacket and shirt sleeves rather than showing cuff...

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully made an appointment for the London trip? M & D are meant to be here in a couple weeks but I haven't gotten any response on email.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads