1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by medtech_expat, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Is that your natural stance? If so, your legs have an unusual shape.
    That waist is quite special. Wow.
    I am not a fan of the hovering trouser cuff(I don't want to see your sock when standing, really).
    That and I realize you have no shoes on but they do not look too long.
    The rear looks to have too much material. Or maybe your backside is shaped that way.

2. martinsth

martinsth Active Member

I probably was a bit too hands-off, as I really liked what I had seen from them before. I mentioned some of the points at the second meeting, but was told I should wear it for a while to decide on any changes for the third fitting.

3. martinsth

martinsth Active Member

Haha. Im not sure, but I think my legs have a pretty normal shape, so perhaps my stance is a bit odd :)

Im not unhappy with the length of the trousers, as I prefer minimum break. All opinions and personal taste of course. Agree about the rear part.

4. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I was going to say the same about the pants length, good catch.

5. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks like shit dude, I'd ask for a remake or a refund.

5 people like this.
  6. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

+1

1 person likes this.
  7. jbuffone

jbuffone Well-Known Member

That's awful. whnay is right. refund/restart.

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

9. chogall

chogall Senior member

+1 for remake. What happened at the basted fitting?

10. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

That's very bad, and you seem to already knw the reasons why. Surprising however. What went wrong at the fitting stage? How hands-on were you? What was Mina's opinion when you put on this ... .suit product.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  11. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

This is really surprisingly bad. Agreed that you should ask for a remake, this thing is a mess. It honestly looks like they gave you someone else's suit.

I guess this is a good reminder that just because it's bespoke doesn't mean it's going to work :(

12. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I don't understand how she looked at this and agreed to let you walk away with it [​IMG]

13. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

This thread now: :deadhorse:

It doesn't look great in these photos. But take it up with Mina, unless she has refused to alter it further, which I doubt. Tell her the things you don't like and get her to fix it. If in the end you're unhappy with it see what you can work out. Trying to get instructions for alterations from a bunch of iTailors isn't really going to help you or her.

14. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

The more I think about it, I'd just ask for a refund. It obvious from the pictures shared that they don't value you as a customer, you should have never been allowed to walk away with that suit. And as it seems like you are a novice to bespoke it makes it even worse.

1 person likes this.
  15. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Yeah, I don't think those sleeves can be fixed.

16. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't think the sleeves are as big of an issue as the balance. My guess is a long back balance. The trousers need a lot of work as well.

17. JL724

JL724 Senior member

They don't value him as a customer? Who are you to make a statement like that? You have no idea what happened. God, there are some obnoxious pricks on this forum.

18. Axelman 17

Axelman 17 Senior member

Obviously the suit looks awful but I think you owe it to them to share the reasons you are not satisfied and let them fix it to the extent they believe they can. I think it is only fair to Mina to do so before cutting bait and demanding a refund. You can let her know if it isn't fixed that you may request a refund.

19. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am confused - according to the OP in question, you are about to have your third fitting.

Does that mean the photos are from the fitting and the suit isn't finished yet? If that is so, then what is the big deal - I assume the problems were noted and will be adjusted in time for your next fitting. If not, i.e., if this was a delivered garment, then I agree with everyone else that it is a mess.

20. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I doubt that is a finished garment. Seriously, not even a mediocre tailor would let you walk away with it - much less NSM. The biggest issues I see with the jacket are a long back balance, too much waist suppression and way too short sleeves. If the sleeves are still unfinished (i.e. the buttonholes are not cut) they should be fixable. Shortening the back and letting out the waist should still be possible. It's certainly quite messy for a third fitting, though. Talk with them.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013