• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Luckily for some of us, they quote in Euros. If I am reading my email correctly, it was 650 for a pair of trousers earlier this year.

PSNY

Reaction score
As of today, $2000 jacket, $650 trousers, and $400 for a shirt. Those are fairly high prices IMO especially for a shirt. The shirt includes 9 hand details. Shirt price is very high IMO.

Avva J

Reaction score
As of today, $2000 jacket, $650 trousers, and $400 for a shirt. Those are fairly high prices IMO especially for a shirt. The shirt includes 9 hand details. Shirt price is very high IMO.
I'm not sure I agree, my friend told me the products are tailored, with sophisticated fabrics and fine details. I think it's a fair price for something that is also hand sewn, compared to other brands with the same offer, don't you think?
I'm curious so I think I'll meet them in San Francisco, I'll tell you more after that!

PSNY

Reaction score
These are high prices for shirts, that was my point, the other garments are pretty standard, NSM does not produce, they outsource, they're basically just merchants, they measure, and bring back measurements to small makers mostly working out of small shops or their homes in Italy. There are benefits and drawbacks to this, but it is pretty standard. As for shirts, 200-250 EUR for a bespoke shirt using Alumo, Thomas Mason, etc would be more appropriate as dedicated shirt makers in Italy e.g., Luca Avitable are charging this much.

Avva J

Reaction score
I understand your point of view. i'm curious about this brand, expecially because it appears that it is possible to ask for jackets that have special datails from napolitan tradition, and it could be interesting to use different tipes of fabrics, to create a more versatile cut.
I read of many clients thet were satisfied and i'm curious to try when they are in San Francisco, I'll keep you posted

Avva J

Reaction score
Fineally I met them in Boston, where I ordered a jacket with the fabric similar to Domenico’s jacket, who works for Napolisumisura with Mina, a 100% cashmere, kiton selvage, very soft to the touch.
Returning to the price argument, if you know how to choose the fabric, you can find a very high quality and a fine product, which I didn't see in the kiton store itself.
I was accompanied by my father, who is a connoisseur of good tailoring, a very strict expert, and was surprised by the handmade details on some jackets made for other customers.
Unfortunately I have not been able to take any photos because there were other customers, for an overlap of appointments, I hope to succeed next time to take a photo at Jacket finished

Avva J

Reaction score
Hi, I saw that no one wrote, I was hoping to have a comparison.
I joined them in Naples, taking the opportunity to spend a few days on the coast.
this attached are the photos of the jacket with kiton fabric I told you about, I loved the care of patch pockets, it almost seems that disappear. I asked to them to add the storm collar to close better during winter.
tempImagexUkx6Y.jpg
tempImageveENoT.jpg
tempImagePRvElP.jpg

For the next jacket I was looking for a 100% cashmire fabric for the coming winter but I’m undecided about the two fabrics. one is actually 100% cashmire, but there is this other one with cashmire, silk and linen composition, what do you think? I’d like to wear it in city. Have you tried this mix?
tempImageAkHamn.jpg
tempImageSVDQrP.jpg

The fitting of the last jacket was perfect, so they have my measurements, they will send the finish piece to me at home, so I took some pictures of the fabrics, to decide calmly. I have to decide to go in Boston to them on June.
Any of you go to New York or Boston to meet Napolisumisura? I would like your advice

Attachments

• tempImageuzikkB.jpg
    tempImageuzikkB.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 15

NickDy

Reaction score
Hi, I saw that no one wrote, I was hoping to have a comparison.
I joined them in Naples, taking the opportunity to spend a few days on the coast.
this attached are the photos of the jacket with kiton fabric I told you about, I loved the care of patch pockets, it almost seems that disappear. I asked to them to add the storm collar to close better during winter.
View attachment 1966917 View attachment 1966919 View attachment 1966923

For the next jacket I was looking for a 100% cashmire fabric for the coming winter but I’m undecided about the two fabrics. one is actually 100% cashmire, but there is this other one with cashmire, silk and linen composition, what do you think? I’d like to wear it in city. Have you tried this mix?
View attachment 1966925 View attachment 1966927

The fitting of the last jacket was perfect, so they have my measurements, they will send the finish piece to me at home, so I took some pictures of the fabrics, to decide calmly. I have to decide to go in Boston to them on June.
Any of you go to New York or Boston to meet Napolisumisura? I would like your advice
I was looking for new brands because I would like to commission a series of bespoke suits and I found this conversation.
Avva J, nice jacket, I like how the pocket disappears in the pattern, but the fabric is a bit heavy for me as I live in Batrun.
How's the shoulder of the shirt? It doesn't appear to be a stiffener in the shoulder or am I wrong?
For the two fabrics you have shown, I don't know if you have already chosen, but I would be more inclined to choose a jacket with a mixed fabric, especially if it's for the city, but it depends on where you're from.

I personally prefer a mixed fabric, as I work in middle eastern cities.
Do you know if they would travel to Dubai? Or some cities in the Middle East? Because I could plan a trip to Italy for the summer, but I actually don't travel there often, so it would be easier for me to have them come here.

Avva J

Reaction score
I was looking for new brands because I would like to commission a series of bespoke suits and I found this conversation.
Avva J, nice jacket, I like how the pocket disappears in the pattern, but the fabric is a bit heavy for me as I live in Batrun.
How's the shoulder of the shirt? It doesn't appear to be a stiffener in the shoulder or am I wrong?
For the two fabrics you have shown, I don't know if you have already chosen, but I would be more inclined to choose a jacket with a mixed fabric, especially if it's for the city, but it depends on where you're from.

I personally prefer a mixed fabric, as I work in middle eastern cities.
Do you know if they would travel to Dubai? Or some cities in the Middle East? Because I could plan a trip to Italy for the summer, but I actually don't travel there often, so it would be easier for me to have them come here.
thanks for your answer!

About the gray jacket I can confirm that the attention to detail is high, I was very satisfied with it. It is as it seems, there is no structure in the shoulders, which makes it more comfortable and adherent to the body, I prefer it like that.

I have already ordered a jacket with 100% cashmere fabric, I also thought that a mixed fabric would be more useful in any city, but I would like to use it this winter, when I'll be in very cold cities like Boston and in Canada, where winter is kinda hard.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I don't know exactly which cities in the middle east have trunkshows. I heard them talk about some customers there, but I'm not sure about this information.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads