• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Version of Jeans and a T-Shirt

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My version of jeans and a t-shirt has evolved over the years. Now it means jeans (currently Levis LVC 1947 501XX), oxford cloth button down (or spread/cutaway collar) white shirt and brown suede shoes to replace my former jeans, t-shirts and sneaker look.

Its the perfect look for kicking back with a bourbon and a cigar, heading off to the flea market, hanging out at the local tapas bar or going to see the Warriors beat the Lakers. If I've got a meeting, I put on a blazer or tweed jacket with a pocket square and I can go just about anywhere in any city.

One thing I have learned on Style Forum, especially from the Streetwear threads is about fit. To keep it looking right, the look needs to be trim and fitted.

I like it. It is comfortable and, as my British wife says, "You look so American".

Whats your version?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will just comment that I have learned thru observations of my poor style attempts and from reading useful threads on here, that a good pair of jeans for this kind of look need to be darker blue, and not too baggy. I have seen my reflection in a large window, and shuddered at the way my faded blue jeans with their "roomy" legs appear on me. So, now I have retired those jeans to housework duds, and have opted to stick with the more fitted, dark blue jeans that I wouldn't have considered good looking before.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a pic taken in the spring. The Streetwear guys got me to roll up my sleeves higher for a younger, hipper look.
ajean.jpg
Here is the look with a blazer
borrelli2.jpg

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the collar on your shirt in the first picture. Very, very nice.

Regards.

jasonwhite

Reaction score
Damn good lucking, my friend. I'm an American in London - mind asking your wife what would her opinion be of the same outfit with American cowboy boots?

Or your opinion as well
wink.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonwhite
Damn good lucking, my friend. I'm an American in London - mind asking your wife what would her opinion be of the same outfit with American cowboy boots?

Or your opinion as well
wink.gif

I remember seeing Ralph Lauren in San Francisco when the polo store opened here in the early 80's. He wore jeans, cowboy boots and a blue blazer. I still see him wearing the same thing around NYC.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to your personal style. I gave up the cowboy boots because I find a nice suede Italian or British made oxford much more comfortable and practical. But that is just my personal taste.

BTW, I asked my wife. She said, "It would be OK. It would be your own style".

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great choices all around, PSG. It's also a favorite look of mine and I think it's a good mix of style and masculinity.

Beta

Reaction score
The roll looks good, is that one roll up or two?

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
Very nice outfit! Just what I'm doing lately (+the boots). I love faded jeans, but I have to admit that darker denim looks more dressy.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great! But why no belt?

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
This is a pic taken in the spring. The Streetwear guys got me to roll up my sleeves higher for a younger, hipper look.

ajean.jpg

Here is the look with a blazer

borrelli2.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Looks great! But why no belt?

I usually skip a belt when wearing button fly jeans. The streetwear guys bring up the belt.

What do the rest of the Forum members consider to be their personal equivalent to jeans and a t-shirt?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I like it a lot, especially with the beard. I'd get a nice brown engineered garment belt for your casual pants/jeans.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do the white OCBD/jeans combo a lot. I spend a lot of time in a cleanroom (semiconductor manufacturing), so it is stylish, functional and comfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads