• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my vass shoes have arrived

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
URL=http://www.imageshack.us]
img23373uj.jpg
[/url] URL=http://www.imageshack.us]
img23307xp.jpg
[/url] just got them. they are exactly as I had hoped, no regrets at all. the fit is amazing. Manton discribed the feeling of a "vacuum" like fit, where you feel the air pushed out of the bespoke shoe because it hugs your foot, that is exactly the way these feel. they are very heavy, a little heavier than I have worn, but they feel great, and have a great sound when I walk.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Are they identical?

Details if you please -- what is the model? Is that the R Last? Calf or cordovan?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like cordovan to me.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the shoes that led to the uncomfortable call from the credit card company to your wife about a strange order for bespoke shoes in Hungary? They look like they were worth the trouble. Very nice.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is what I posted on 1 April 2005:

"thank you for asking - both black cordovan, one pair with medalian toe, one in budapest style, peter last, double sole, Euro 1000 for the 2 pair.

one interesting thing, they have a new last (Erica told me it was new), called "japanese" that is very very long and pointed. they really tried to get me to take it, saying it would make my feet look very elegant, but I really didn't think it was for me. "

they are not identical, but very similar, in fitting with my overall wardrobe strategy.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice ones, globe.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000 Euro not bad for two pair of bespoke...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are those the shoes that led to the uncomfortable call from the credit card company to your wife about a strange order for bespoke shoes in Hungary?  They look like they were worth the trouble. Very nice.
yes, those are the shoes that got me "busted".

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000 Euros = $1,264.97 at today's exchange rate. That's a great (.) price for two pairs of custom cordovan boots.

How does the Peter last fit? What is your shoe width? I understand Vass doesn't make shoes in different widths, just different lasts, so some people obviously will fit certain lasts better than others.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1000 Euros = $1,264.97 at today's exchange rate.  That's a great (.) price for two pairs of custom cordovan boots.  

How does the Peter last fit?  What is your shoe width?  I understand Vass doesn't make shoes in different widths, just different lasts, so some people obviously will fit certain lasts better than others.
they fit fantastic - they really fit like gloves. I don't have a freakishly wide foot like my father or brother (who wear EEEs) but I usually wear a wide.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000 Euros = $1,264.97 at today's exchange rate. That's a great (.) price for two pairs of custom cordovan boots.
No kidding.. Did you order them from the States (sorry, I don't remember the earlier thread).

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it actually worked a little more than that, altogether it hit my credit card at about $1400, and I ordered them and had them picked up at the store in Budapest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads