1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Tom Ford suit - fit pics inside

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQhustler, Sep 19, 2010.

1. scientific

scientific Senior member

2. Watchaholic

Watchaholic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also very very nice!

3. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

4. km91

km91 New Member

looks great!

5. smruss

smruss Senior member

I have a similar grey one like yours. The size seems too big for you. Tom ford suits are supposed to be ultra fitted. The shoulders seem to be to big and the v split under the button isn't opening as it supposed to. The store in new york should have gotten this right, they did for me. Id keep them just have them take them in a little. Heres a pic of what i mean:
    [​IMG]

6. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

The black is perfect!

Oh yeah I like it more than the first one.

7. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

I have a similar grey one like yours. The size seems too big for you. Tom ford suits are supposed to be ultra fitted. The shoulders seem to be to big and the v split under the button isn't opening as it supposed to. The store in new york should have gotten this right, they did for me. Id keep them just have them take them in a little. Heres a pic of what i mean:
    That one fits TF bad. I can´t believe the owner that seems an obsesive compulsive DSM wears a bad fitting jacket, clearly you ( the author of this thread ) should send your pictures to him and ask for a model job on the catalogues.

8. howardu09

howardu09 Senior member

Yeah, looks great, just size the sleeves and you're set!

9. Bull

Bull Senior member

Lots of pull here. I think it looks sexy (nhjic) but the SF cognoscenti go apoplectic when they see shit like that.

10. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

Lots of pull here. I think it looks sexy

Lots of tight things do. On women.

11. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

Why does TF spec the sleeves so damn long by default? They are beyond the normal range of arm's length by a mile!

Most people who wear a given jacket will need alteration. Shortening is easier than lengthening. Ergo, long sleeves. Same concept as unfinished trousers.

12. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

Which suit do you mean? I don't think the light one is glen plaid, and it's sleeves are a bit more than 'a tad' too long (and the OP knows it). The dark one is too dark for me to tell if it's glen plaid, but I don't think it is either, and the sleeves look about right...

It's actually a very subtle glen plaid that really can only be seen when relatively close.

13. H2T

H2T Well-Known Member

Sleeves too long and roomy for you. Jacket too long for you as well. TF jackets suit TF's shape only unfortunately.

14. Yika

Yika Senior member

Sleeves too long and roomy for you. Jacket too long for you as well. TF jackets suit TF's shape only unfortunately.

sleeves are not finished.

15. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

How can you tell that it's too long without a full-length shot? And how on earth is it 'roomy'? The waist looks about as small as it could possibly be. The chest is built-up, but there's a big difference between a structured chest and a suit that is just too big ('roomy')...

And of course, as mentioned above, the sleeves are obviously unfinished.

16. MORNINGSTAR777

MORNINGSTAR777 Senior member

GQhustler, did you have the altered suit shortened as well? If so, how much?

17. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

GQhustler, did you have the altered suit shortened as well? If so, how much?

Yeah, I had it shortened about 0.75"

18. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

I like very fitted jacket's myself and don't mind a little pull, but the pull here is just overkill in my opinion. It produces a giant crease at his left abdomen.

It probably doesn't look like it in my pics, but there is a noticeable inverted V opening below my button and a very subtle, minor pull. Any more fitted and I would have a pull that's similar to this photo which I don't like. One of my jackets turned out like the photo and it felt like the button was trying to burrow itself in my belly button, so I had them take it out a bit.

19. smruss

smruss Senior member

I like very fitted jacket's myself and don't mind a little pull, but the pull here is just overkill in my opinion. It produces a giant crease at his left abdomen.

It probably doesn't look like it in my pics, but there is a noticeable inverted V opening below my button and a very subtle, minor pull. Any more fitted and I would have a pull that's similar to this photo which I don't like. One of my jackets turned out like the photo and it felt like the button was trying to burrow itself in my belly button, so I had them take it out a bit.

Its all about your personal preferance. The suits look great and as long as you like the fit that is all that matters. i put a pic where his stance may be a little awkward and looks like it pulls too much. I may post a pic of mine to show how i like the fit. But they are nice suits and the quality is second to none.

20. babejoe127

babejoe127 Member

I like both suits. I think the fit and the whole look is awesome. I just think the sleeves of the first suit need to be shortened. As a matter of fact, I own one of the first one,