My Tom Ford suit - fit pics inside

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GQhustler, Sep 19, 2010.

1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Tom Ford ads show short jackets. IRL Tom Ford jackets have a slightly longer cut. If that looks good on you then there is your answer.

2. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

3. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

where was it made?

4. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

profile looks exaggerated

pretty sure that's the idea

5. tjc4golf

tjc4golf Senior member

what's the balance problem?

The issue with the front/back balance is that the back is lower than the front. The front should be as long or slightly longer than the back.

There is no balance issue that I can see. If you're talking about the fact that the stipes down the lower part of the side-panel are not vertical, then they aren't supposed to be; this is normal for any coat, but maybe is more extreme in this case because of the extra waist supression. You can see that this is not causing the back to be lower than the front because you can see that the stripes are not actually perpendicular to the hem either.

Are we looking at the same pics? Back is clearly longer than the front. See pic below. Back is several inches below knuckles. Front is hiding behind knuckles.

[​IMG]

6. SpallaCamiccia

SpallaCamiccia Senior member

I think the whole get-up looks awesome. While most of my current situations call for a more conservative suit, that's the sort of thing I'd choose to wear if I could. Fit is fantastic, sleeves just need to be shortened a bit. I might also lose a bit of the waist supression on the jacket, reason being is it makes your rear appear to stick out a little more than I'd personally go for.

Curiously the waist supression on the jacket is the thing I like most.

The picture of your back shows a great waist supression.

It must be a american vs. european taste issue.

7. razl

razl Senior member

First things first - the work in the bodice is meticulous and fantastic. That's a pretty amazing piece of work OTR and kudos to every craftsman that had a hand in it.

However, the jacket's too long for you. But if your proportions are long you can probably get away with it. Everything else fit wise is good to great.

You didn't ask for input on the look, but I can't get away from it - horrible. It's not just a "big, bold check" it's just not attractive. Sure, it'll draw stares because it's loud - and if that's what you want (I'm presuming you do), you'll get it in spades. But, to me, all the quality work - and it is quality work - is a waste having been used to produce that as an end result.

ps I'm not anti TF; there's plenty of his bolder stuff that I think fantasticly blurs loud, tasteful, and stylish. This is not it.

8. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

The issue with the front/back balance is that the back is lower than the front. The front should be as long or slightly longer than the back. Are we looking at the same pics? Back is clearly longer than the front. See pic below. Back is several inches below knuckles. Front is hiding behind knuckles.
    I think this is mainly the result of the angle at which this pic was taken combined with the fact that I'm standing unnaturally erect. The back doesn't look longer than the front upon close examination.
    where was it made?
    Italy Decided to throw some pics together during halftime. This one has been altered and worn a handful of times. Ignore the gym shorts that I was too lazy to remove until the 2nd picture. The lighting turned out shittier than I thought, so I'll add more later. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. CMD.EXE

CMD.EXE Senior member

Huh?!!

Looks good. Not quite to my taste, but as everyone one else has said, it looks great OTR.

The sarcasm, you have missed it.

10. CMD.EXE

CMD.EXE Senior member

where was it made?

All his suits are made in Italy like most of his stuff. Its because of who his backers are.

11. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

thats sexy

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

God damn I need to get mine back from the tailor.

13. GQhustler

GQhustler Senior member

All his suits are made in Italy like most of his stuff. Its because of who his backers are.

Wrong. Some are made in Switzerland.

14. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Wrong. Some are made in Switzerland.

They are made anywhere Zegna factories are because they make TF. That includes Italy and Switzerland.

15. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

2nd suit looks good as well.
    i'm starting to see why his prices are in the ballpark that they are.