• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Tom Ford suit - fit pics inside

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford ads show short jackets. IRL Tom Ford jackets have a slightly longer cut. If that looks good on you then there is your answer.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where was it made?

tjc4golf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
what's the balance problem?

The issue with the front/back balance is that the back is lower than the front. The front should be as long or slightly longer than the back.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
There is no balance issue that I can see. If you're talking about the fact that the stipes down the lower part of the side-panel are not vertical, then they aren't supposed to be; this is normal for any coat, but maybe is more extreme in this case because of the extra waist supression. You can see that this is not causing the back to be lower than the front because you can see that the stripes are not actually perpendicular to the hem either.

Are we looking at the same pics? Back is clearly longer than the front. See pic below. Back is several inches below knuckles. Front is hiding behind knuckles.

BrownTFfit003.jpg

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
I think the whole get-up looks awesome. While most of my current situations call for a more conservative suit, that's the sort of thing I'd choose to wear if I could. Fit is fantastic, sleeves just need to be shortened a bit. I might also lose a bit of the waist supression on the jacket, reason being is it makes your rear appear to stick out a little more than I'd personally go for.

Curiously the waist supression on the jacket is the thing I like most.

The picture of your back shows a great waist supression.

It must be a american vs. european taste issue.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First things first - the work in the bodice is meticulous and fantastic. That's a pretty amazing piece of work OTR and kudos to every craftsman that had a hand in it.

However, the jacket's too long for you. But if your proportions are long you can probably get away with it. Everything else fit wise is good to great.

You didn't ask for input on the look, but I can't get away from it - horrible. It's not just a "big, bold check" it's just not attractive. Sure, it'll draw stares because it's loud - and if that's what you want (I'm presuming you do), you'll get it in spades. But, to me, all the quality work - and it is quality work - is a waste having been used to produce that as an end result.

ps I'm not anti TF; there's plenty of his bolder stuff that I think fantasticly blurs loud, tasteful, and stylish. This is not it.

GQhustler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
The issue with the front/back balance is that the back is lower than the front. The front should be as long or slightly longer than the back. Are we looking at the same pics? Back is clearly longer than the front. See pic below. Back is several inches below knuckles. Front is hiding behind knuckles.
I think this is mainly the result of the angle at which this pic was taken combined with the fact that I'm standing unnaturally erect. The back doesn't look longer than the front upon close examination.
Originally Posted by cb_32
where was it made?
Italy Decided to throw some pics together during halftime. This one has been altered and worn a handful of times. Ignore the gym shorts that I was too lazy to remove until the 2nd picture. The lighting turned out shittier than I thought, so I'll add more later.
01TFGrayFit007-1.jpg
03TFGrayFit001-1.jpg
03TFGrayFit004-1.jpg
03TFGrayFit007-1.jpg
03TFGrayFit009-1.jpg
03TFGrayFit010-1-1.jpg
03TFGrayFit012-1.jpg

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbc
Huh?!!

Looks good. Not quite to my taste, but as everyone one else has said, it looks great OTR.

The sarcasm, you have missed it.

CMD.EXE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
where was it made?

All his suits are made in Italy like most of his stuff. Its because of who his backers are.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats sexy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads