My tailor custom shirts and suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clarinetplayer, Jul 19, 2003.

1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Gentlemen: Have any of you purchased shirts or suits from www.mytailor.com ? Any comments as regards their quality, service, and price value would be most appreciated. According to their website, they will have a traveling tailor visiting near me soon. Many thanks.

2. Mitch D

Mitch D Well-Known Member

Here's a link to a previous thread discussing MyTailor.com: http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....+shirts I ordered two shirts (end-on-end w/white collar + french cuffs) from Mr. Hemrajani a few months ago,and am very pleased with the results thusfar. But, I haven't worn them much yet,so I cannot attest to their durability.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

Here's my experience:

I ordered a $65 chocolate brown broadcloth. In taking my measurements, I wrote down I have a 15" neck, which, according to the website means they would send me a size 16. I normally wear a size 16 off the rack, so I figured there would be no problem. The shirt I recieved had a 15 5/8" neck, so I called Joe, and he said my collar had probably shrunk (it hadn't). I stated that I needed a 16" collar and he said he would send me one which was 16 3/4", which, after shrinking, would fit me fine. So I sent him my shirt, and he sent it back with a 16.5" collar which has just shrunk to a little less than 16", but fits okay.

Make of that what you will, but I suggest you let them know what your standard collar size is rather than giving them your neck measurement.

4. joseanes

joseanes Senior member

I ordered a $65 sky herringbone shirt. I like the shirt a lot. The sleeves where made a bit longer than I expected (maybe they accounted for shrinkage?), and the neck was a bit tight (had to move the neck button about 1/4", so any next shirts, I will have to adjust accordingly).