• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My style, what to add?

Urbatect

Reaction score
Here's two setups I plan to use a bit in the future. The tshirts are designs I did myself, and the jeans are both from acne. Any comment is fine, but especially on how the shoes does fit, and what kind of accesories that could be added.

I dont know if styleforum users fits the target group, but I'm also selling these tshirts at $35 each (one more design in the same atlas shrugged theme is available).

WatchGuy

Reaction score
I like the first pair of shoes better. The second pair look a little too modern for the outfit (jmo).

How about adding a watch?
tounge.gif

Urbatect

Reaction score
Yes, definately a watch, but I dont know where to start. I've never worn one so far in my life... I kinda like a few Diesel watches, but I dont want to rush into something. I'm thinking about getting some black leather ankle boots for the second setup, is that a safe bet?

Ott

Reaction score
I don't like those shoes.

Other than that there's not much to add, you're wearing a tshirt and jeans which is going to be pretty minimal regardless of whether you put on a watch.

hey look a new smilie
boxing[1].gif

Reaction score
I was going to say "watch" as well. I would not get a Diesel watch. Maybe a vintage Seiko? Nixon makes some all right entry-level watches.

Boots are a must. Brown is more versatile, but I love black boots for the Clockwork Orange feel.

I am not feeling the sneakers at all. Too metro. I would say stick with sneakers that have a particular function-----running, soccer, basketball. Fashion sneakers just don't do it for me. Converse Jack Purcells would do it for your look, me thinks.

I never thought I would say it, but skull graphics are dead in the water. I feel like it has been way overdone lately. Not that you were asking.

I hope that helped and that I didn't come off as too critical!!!

:snuggles:

Not Carl

Reaction score
Tees look cool.

Shoes deffinetly need to go. DDML is right, get some boots or some better shoes (i know its "played" but maybe some interesting nikes?).

Also, try a jacket. Something 100% cotton and light just to add something different. Maybe an M65, i dunno.

greentea

Reaction score
yeah belt w/ a nice buckle, maybe a leather wrist band if you dont like wearing watches.shoes are fine,but try wearing some boots also
peepwall[1].gif

Ott

Reaction score
personally I'd feel weird wearing most boots with a tshirt, but I'll second the jack purcell recommendation.

Urbatect

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the answer. I'll look into getting a Seiko vintage watch as I liked what a quick internet search gave me. Personally I just hate converse shoes for some reason, but I'll definately get a couple of boots. Also I know about the skull thing... kinda unfortunate, but this one got a story behind that fits the theme (made for people of a certain political view). It was also made before the skull craze!!
smile.gif
I hope the skull thing is gone and forgotten next year.

Urbatect

Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes open for some kind of light jacket, its also something that I've been lacking for a long time. With a buckled belt, do you put your tshirt in your jeans so it can be seen? If not it wont get seen by anyone...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Urbatect
With a buckled belt, do you put your tshirt in your jeans so it can be seen? If not it wont get seen by anyone...
That is the ultimate conundrum with no satisfactory answer. Hmmm... I guess that makes it a koan. Well, I will give it a shot. NEVER TUCK IN T-SHIRTS!!!! Actually, that was pretty easy. Not a fan of tautologies, but that one warms the cockles.
satisfied.gif

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Urbatect
Thanks alot for the answer. I'll look into getting a Seiko vintage watch as I liked what a quick internet search gave me.
Just be careful on buying a watch over the internet. You may be surprised on the size of the watch when you get it. Many vintage watches are small by todays standards. When you look at watches on-line it's hard to guage the size when all you see are close-ups without wrist shots. I would suggest going no smaller than 38mm.

sybaritical

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
personally I'd feel weird wearing most boots with a tshirt

So did I untilI bought a pair of Redwings. That thick white crepe sole is so sneaker-ish that you never notice the difference. Way to go and never look back.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
I'm on board with the boot reccomendation. Casual like the Red Wings or even something more streamlined--your preference.

Also, Urbatect can you post some better pictures of your tee designs? thanks.

edit: DDML is that really a tautology? I think it's something like "If A, then A," true by virtue of its logical form. Or you were making a joke and my philosophy degree got in the way?
tongue.gif
Either way, you're right.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sybaritical
So did I untilI bought a pair of Redwings. That thick white crepe sole is so sneaker-ish that you never notice the difference. Way to go and never look back.
yeah that's a good idea.

redwings or clarks desert boots would work well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads