• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My sneakers (pics)

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For your interest, took a pic of my sneakers.

L to R, top row: Adidas; Nike; Diadora; Adidas
L to R, second row: Puma, Puma, Puma, Puma, Asprey calf and alligator
L to R, third row: BNG Project; BNG Project; Prada, Gucci, Asprey
L to R, bottom row: Asics; Asics; Asics; Asics; Asics

The asics are by far my favorite, and I could see myself getting another half dozen pairs in different colors. They fit me really well

sneakers003customrg0.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Bored, zjpj?
laugh.gif

I like the trainaways.

Home sick with a cold
musicboohoo[1].gif

Me too - the Puma Trainaways are awesome!

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the green Onitsuka, the rest I could care less about.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion. your collection is not very impressive and actually, quite boring.

You essentially have shoes that literally millions possess. You have nothing that is unique or original.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
In my opinion. your collection is not very impressive and actually, quite boring.

You essentially have shoes that literally millions possess. You have nothing that is unique or original.

What's a "unique" sneaker? Should I spraypaint one or something?

FWIW, I've never seen anyone wearing Asprey sneakers before

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Montreal. These type of sneakers are so ubiquitous that I have no idea why people would spend money on them.

I despise the whole Puma sneaker look, which these higher end brands are clearly taking off from. Maybe these things aren't so big in your cities, but literally every clubber here has them in 20 different colors to match their outfits. If there's one thing that the "Montrealer Jackass" wears, it's certainly those type of shoes.

Secondly, the dress/casual shoe thing that got big a few years ago is luckily on its way out. At first young people used to wear them to go out, now it's mostly early 30 somethings trying to look hip in their Kenneth Cole suit. Sorry, I'm conservative when it comes to shoes. Nothing beats a good desert boot or beautiful leather shoe.

Edit: I'll grant you the Asprey sneaker. I think it's gangster rap chic, but I'm sure no one has them. I'm pretty sure almost no one on this continent knows what Asprey is, but if Kiton came out with a sneaker like this I wouldn't buy it.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By unique he probably means "rare" or something along those lines. I do have to agree with him that your sneakers are not impressive and are, bluntly put, boring.

I do like whatever that is on the right, brown leather.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BNG Project and Asprey are both rare.

Oh well, I guess my sneakers are boring
biggrin.gif

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
The BNG Project and Asprey are both rare.

Oh well, I guess my sneakers are boring
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't say they're boring, they're just not my style. Don't you have kids? I must say I'd be pretty surprised to see an older guy wearing what I usually see 18 year olds sport in the lower end clubs here.

You have obviously spent some money on this... for that cash you could have some really nice kicks... I've seen the other stuff you've posted, even that Persian rug you have represents a far greater sense of style and taste than what we see in those sneakers. Come on...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I despise the whole Puma sneaker look, which these higher end brands are clearly taking off from. Maybe these things aren't so big in your cities, but literally every clubber here has them in 20 different colors to match their outfits. If there's one thing that the "Montrealer Jackass" wears, it's certainly those type of shoes.
EMPHATICALLY SECONDED!!! i would probably only wear those nikes. meh. i hope you feel better. i like those coldsnap pills. drink some grog.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Nikes (not this precise pair) were worn by Costanza in one of the earlier Seinfeld series.
smile.gif
I can't bring myself to throw them out.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the white with black stripes adidas in the back right. The black and white with a little bit of grey thrown in is simple and classic. I noticed that a lot of your shoes look alike, but with just different colorways and different stripes. The nikes, adidas, pumas, and asics all have the same toe box thing going on. It'd be nice to have some variety in there. Maybe some hi's, vans, dunks, af1s to make it more well rounded.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads