1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My sneakers (pics)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zjpj83, Oct 24, 2006.

1. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

The collection does not blow me away, but it's good. I like all the Asics and adidas and I can respect the Aspreys.

2. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Are you sure you're in the right forum?

A) My roomate pointed this thread out to me.

B) I think different types of boots and wallabies for example look far better with all types of streetwear.

3. Rome

Rome Senior member

The collection is ordinary and not in the pejorative senses either. I find nothing wrong with this collection of shoes, its quite wide in its sense of color, which is more important than unique branding or flashy stylings.

What exactly would make this collection such a stand out? Is it a pair of ultra rare pigeon dunks, a good brand no-one wears a la Coq Sportif, or a bunch of du jour expensive bohemian-trust-fund-baby sneaker like common projects?

4. dusty

dusty Senior member

Are you sure you're in the right forum?

Any forum where he can make a nuisance of himself is the right forum.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Violinist,

Believe me, I have some dress shoes.

I do sometimes wear boots or leather shoes with jeans:

[​IMG]

However, I generally really only wear sneakers with "streetwear." Usually when I'm wearing denim I am walking a long distance, or driving, or doing other casual stuff that is more "active." I have no interest in scuffing up my nice shoes or wearing down the soles by walking 40 blocks in them, or having someone spill something on them, or tread on my toes. With sneakers I can sit cross-legged or rest my feet on things etc. in ways that I could not with dress shoes.

I absolutely love dress shoes. I have closets full of them. But there's a time and a place for them in my outfits. When I dress up, I dress up. But when I just want to kick back and relax, I wear sneakers and jeans. I tend not to "dress up" denim, though I do so more now than I used to. That's just not really my style.

6. Kid609

Kid609 Senior member

Don't you know?

Youre supposed to wear Dunks, Vans, and Chucks just like everyone else.

Get with the program.

7. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Don't you know?

Get with the program.

well Kid like I was saying, "everyone else" is wearing precisely what's in his collection, except his costs more.

To be honest at the moment I don't have much in terms of nice shoes. The weather in Montreal with a smorsgasboard of precipitation makes it almost impossible. If I'm just kicking around I wear this old man Allen Edmonds boating shoes which are very comfortable. Also my feet are an irregular size so "hip" shoes aren't really possible for me. (I wear 14EEE, or 16 in regular size if companies even go that high).

I always found something like a desert boot really cool, because I admire mod style and I think they've done great things with jeans.

8. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Don't you know?

Get with the program.

I...HATE Vans and Dunks...
    They might look good on other people but I hate fat shoes and the american obssession with Vans and Converse. I like Converse only if it's a unique style but other than that I love to have my sneakers unique.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

vans make some very low-profile shoes that are unique please don't hate them [​IMG]

10. Urbatect

Urbatect Member

Can someone that has a more unique sneakers post pics of them then?

11. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

vans make some very low-profile shoes that are unique

please don't hate them

[​IMG]

I'm with you on this. There are not a lot of makers that make a unique shoe like the Vans slip-on, stayed true to their roots like Vans did, and charges less than $40 for them?

IMO, the Vans slip-on is simply a classic, just like the Nike Stan Smith or the Air Force 1

12. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I saw some Vans Skate Shoes that had inch long fur that was tiger striped for the entire upper. If they were a size 12 I would have bought them, they were an 11.5 which is pushing it (even on discount at Nordstrom Rack, I couldnt justify the purchase)

13. theshonen8899

just like the Nike Stan Smith
    You're talking about Addidas. I'm not hating on Vans completly but the people who wear 10 different color slip-ons and suddenly expect to be cool. I would personally never see myself in Vans or a lot of Dunks unless they look really good because I prefer more thin shoes, while the Vans slip-ons are a little...dull to me.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You're talking about Addidas.
    You mean "Adidas"? [​IMG]

Of course Stan Smith are Adidas. This is what happen when I decide to add an example and don't proofread my post... [​IMG]

15. theshonen8899

You mean "Adidas"? [​IMG]

Of course Stan Smith are Adidas. This is what happen when I decide to add an example and don't proofread my post... [​IMG]

Someone sounds angry..