My sneakers (pics)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zjpj83, Oct 24, 2006.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

For your interest, took a pic of my sneakers.

L to R, top row: Adidas; Nike; Diadora; Adidas
    L to R, second row: Puma, Puma, Puma, Puma, Asprey calf and alligator
    L to R, third row: BNG Project; BNG Project; Prada, Gucci, Asprey
    L to R, bottom row: Asics; Asics; Asics; Asics; Asics

The asics are by far my favorite, and I could see myself getting another half dozen pairs in different colors. They fit me really well

[​IMG]

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Bored, zjpj? [​IMG]

I like the trainaways.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Bored, zjpj? [​IMG]

I like the trainaways.

Home sick with a cold [​IMG]

Me too - the Puma Trainaways are awesome!

4. knucks

knucks Senior member

I like the green Onitsuka, the rest I could care less about.

5. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

In my opinion. your collection is not very impressive and actually, quite boring.

You essentially have shoes that literally millions possess. You have nothing that is unique or original.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

EDIT: That wasn't nice. But c'mon, Violinist, you're about as subtle as a brick wall.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

In my opinion. your collection is not very impressive and actually, quite boring.

You essentially have shoes that literally millions possess. You have nothing that is unique or original.

What's a "unique" sneaker? Should I spraypaint one or something?

FWIW, I've never seen anyone wearing Asprey sneakers before

8. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

I live in Montreal. These type of sneakers are so ubiquitous that I have no idea why people would spend money on them.

I despise the whole Puma sneaker look, which these higher end brands are clearly taking off from. Maybe these things aren't so big in your cities, but literally every clubber here has them in 20 different colors to match their outfits. If there's one thing that the "Montrealer Jackass" wears, it's certainly those type of shoes.

Secondly, the dress/casual shoe thing that got big a few years ago is luckily on its way out. At first young people used to wear them to go out, now it's mostly early 30 somethings trying to look hip in their Kenneth Cole suit. Sorry, I'm conservative when it comes to shoes. Nothing beats a good desert boot or beautiful leather shoe.

Edit: I'll grant you the Asprey sneaker. I think it's gangster rap chic, but I'm sure no one has them. I'm pretty sure almost no one on this continent knows what Asprey is, but if Kiton came out with a sneaker like this I wouldn't buy it.

9. knucks

knucks Senior member

By unique he probably means "rare" or something along those lines. I do have to agree with him that your sneakers are not impressive and are, bluntly put, boring.

I do like whatever that is on the right, brown leather.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The BNG Project and Asprey are both rare.

Oh well, I guess my sneakers are boring [​IMG]

11. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

The BNG Project and Asprey are both rare.

Oh well, I guess my sneakers are boring [​IMG]

I wouldn't say they're boring, they're just not my style. Don't you have kids? I must say I'd be pretty surprised to see an older guy wearing what I usually see 18 year olds sport in the lower end clubs here.

You have obviously spent some money on this... for that cash you could have some really nice kicks... I've seen the other stuff you've posted, even that Persian rug you have represents a far greater sense of style and taste than what we see in those sneakers. Come on...

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I despise the whole Puma sneaker look, which these higher end brands are clearly taking off from. Maybe these things aren't so big in your cities, but literally every clubber here has them in 20 different colors to match their outfits. If there's one thing that the "Montrealer Jackass" wears, it's certainly those type of shoes.
    EMPHATICALLY SECONDED!!! i would probably only wear those nikes. meh. i hope you feel better. i like those coldsnap pills. drink some grog.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The Nikes (not this precise pair) were worn by Costanza in one of the earlier Seinfeld series. [​IMG] I can't bring myself to throw them out.

14. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I like the white with black stripes adidas in the back right. The black and white with a little bit of grey thrown in is simple and classic. I noticed that a lot of your shoes look alike, but with just different colorways and different stripes. The nikes, adidas, pumas, and asics all have the same toe box thing going on. It'd be nice to have some variety in there. Maybe some hi's, vans, dunks, af1s to make it more well rounded.

15. VMan

VMan Senior member

Those Apsreys must have retailed for an arm and a leg.

I think they'd look a lot better if you switched out the white laces for black and brown, respectively.