• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My sneakers (pics)

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For your interest, took a pic of my sneakers.

L to R, top row: Adidas; Nike; Diadora; Adidas
L to R, second row: Puma, Puma, Puma, Puma, Asprey calf and alligator
L to R, third row: BNG Project; BNG Project; Prada, Gucci, Asprey
L to R, bottom row: Asics; Asics; Asics; Asics; Asics

The asics are by far my favorite, and I could see myself getting another half dozen pairs in different colors. They fit me really well

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Bored, zjpj?

I like the trainaways.

Home sick with a cold

Me too - the Puma Trainaways are awesome!

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the green Onitsuka, the rest I could care less about.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion. your collection is not very impressive and actually, quite boring.

You essentially have shoes that literally millions possess. You have nothing that is unique or original.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
In my opinion. your collection is not very impressive and actually, quite boring.

You essentially have shoes that literally millions possess. You have nothing that is unique or original.

What's a "unique" sneaker? Should I spraypaint one or something?

FWIW, I've never seen anyone wearing Asprey sneakers before

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Montreal. These type of sneakers are so ubiquitous that I have no idea why people would spend money on them.

I despise the whole Puma sneaker look, which these higher end brands are clearly taking off from. Maybe these things aren't so big in your cities, but literally every clubber here has them in 20 different colors to match their outfits. If there's one thing that the "Montrealer Jackass" wears, it's certainly those type of shoes.

Secondly, the dress/casual shoe thing that got big a few years ago is luckily on its way out. At first young people used to wear them to go out, now it's mostly early 30 somethings trying to look hip in their Kenneth Cole suit. Sorry, I'm conservative when it comes to shoes. Nothing beats a good desert boot or beautiful leather shoe.

Edit: I'll grant you the Asprey sneaker. I think it's gangster rap chic, but I'm sure no one has them. I'm pretty sure almost no one on this continent knows what Asprey is, but if Kiton came out with a sneaker like this I wouldn't buy it.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By unique he probably means "rare" or something along those lines. I do have to agree with him that your sneakers are not impressive and are, bluntly put, boring.

I do like whatever that is on the right, brown leather.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The BNG Project and Asprey are both rare.

Oh well, I guess my sneakers are boring

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
The BNG Project and Asprey are both rare.

Oh well, I guess my sneakers are boring

I wouldn't say they're boring, they're just not my style. Don't you have kids? I must say I'd be pretty surprised to see an older guy wearing what I usually see 18 year olds sport in the lower end clubs here.

You have obviously spent some money on this... for that cash you could have some really nice kicks... I've seen the other stuff you've posted, even that Persian rug you have represents a far greater sense of style and taste than what we see in those sneakers. Come on...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
I despise the whole Puma sneaker look, which these higher end brands are clearly taking off from. Maybe these things aren't so big in your cities, but literally every clubber here has them in 20 different colors to match their outfits. If there's one thing that the "Montrealer Jackass" wears, it's certainly those type of shoes.
EMPHATICALLY SECONDED!!! i would probably only wear those nikes. meh. i hope you feel better. i like those coldsnap pills. drink some grog.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Nikes (not this precise pair) were worn by Costanza in one of the earlier Seinfeld series.
I can't bring myself to throw them out.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the white with black stripes adidas in the back right. The black and white with a little bit of grey thrown in is simple and classic. I noticed that a lot of your shoes look alike, but with just different colorways and different stripes. The nikes, adidas, pumas, and asics all have the same toe box thing going on. It'd be nice to have some variety in there. Maybe some hi's, vans, dunks, af1s to make it more well rounded.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40