• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Saks sale burgundy Tramezza boots (pics).........

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I posted a pic in an answer to another thread so sorry for the dupe but I just love these things. The monks are ebay Tramezzas and the other pair of dark brown boots are Zegna's which I think are underrated here. They have great leather and a beautiful last.

KIF_2214.jpg

KIF_2217.jpg

KIF_2216.jpg

KIF_2218.jpg

KIF_2219.jpg

KIF_2220.jpg

KIF_2221.jpg

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice post Ed. The burgundy Tramezza boots are stunning as I saw them at Saks and was quite tempted to nab a pair for myself.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Very nice, man. Thanks for sharing.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Those are great looking shoes! I see you wear heel taps in the same place I do. Definitely has prevented some severe unwanted wear over the years.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Those are great looking shoes! I see you wear heel taps in the same place I do. Definitely has prevented some severe unwanted wear over the years.

Yeah, I know there are some "heel-tap haters"
smile.gif
on this forum but I'm very rough on my heels and without them my heels would show a lot of wear in a very short time.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Excellent purchase; they look incredible! Officially jealous
wink.gif

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing those boots (tapped in the same manner) today, actually. Just bought them recently, too. I normally don't wear boots in the summer but every time I went to my shoe racks they just screamed out "break me in!" They're incredible, just like the rest of the Ferragamo Tramezzas. Outstanding shoes that get nowhere near the love they deserve here.

I love the monk, too, and almost picked up a pair of them this time last year. Ultimately, I couldn't justify it for myself as I already have a Tramezza derby on the same last with the same half-broguing and medallion. With a relatively small good shoe collection for around here (under 25 pairs of "high end" Italian, English, and Austrian shoes) I'm not quite ready for that kind of duplication.

Those Zegna boots look damn sharp, too.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed, I own a pair of the monkstraps and love them. I'm wearing them today in fact. I also like your boots *very* much. I'll need to keep my eyes open for a pair of each (my local Saks has a very poor shoe selection). Enjoy!!

Sam, I own the derby, too and wear them for slightly more formal occasions than the monks. I enjoy them both (my collection is also under 25 pairs of good shoes and maybe fewer than 20).

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks all. 20-25 pairs are considered small collections????? Wow, then the 7 pairs I have are simply an afterthought! I am trying to make up for lost time and if I'm ebay lucky, I should own 2 more pairs by the weekend. Sam, those derby's sound real nice, wish I could encounter them somewhere.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Thanks all. 20-25 pairs are considered small collections????? Wow, then the 7 pairs I have are simply an afterthought! I am trying to make up for lost time and if I'm ebay lucky, I should own 2 more pairs by the weekend. Sam, those derby's sound real nice, wish I could encounter them somewhere.

Just to clarify, I don't consider 20 pairs a small collection. I'm now at the stage where I'm looking mainly for specific styles of shoes, by specific manufacturers. Chukka boots like those you posted, though, are on my list, since I currently own only 2 pairs of boots.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of Zegna cout. boots and they are wonderfully elegant. Good show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads