1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My Saks sale burgundy Tramezza boots (pics).........

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, Jul 21, 2006.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I posted a pic in an answer to another thread so sorry for the dupe but I just love these things. The monks are ebay Tramezzas and the other pair of dark brown boots are Zegna's which I think are underrated here. They have great leather and a beautiful last.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Nice post Ed. The burgundy Tramezza boots are stunning as I saw them at Saks and was quite tempted to nab a pair for myself.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

Very nice, man. Thanks for sharing.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Those are great looking shoes! I see you wear heel taps in the same place I do. Definitely has prevented some severe unwanted wear over the years.

5. edmorel

Those are great looking shoes! I see you wear heel taps in the same place I do. Definitely has prevented some severe unwanted wear over the years.

Yeah, I know there are some "heel-tap haters" [​IMG] on this forum but I'm very rough on my heels and without them my heels would show a lot of wear in a very short time.

6. mrchapel

mrchapel Senior Member

Excellent purchase; they look incredible! Officially jealous [​IMG].

7. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

I'm wearing those boots (tapped in the same manner) today, actually. Just bought them recently, too. I normally don't wear boots in the summer but every time I went to my shoe racks they just screamed out "break me in!" They're incredible, just like the rest of the Ferragamo Tramezzas. Outstanding shoes that get nowhere near the love they deserve here.

I love the monk, too, and almost picked up a pair of them this time last year. Ultimately, I couldn't justify it for myself as I already have a Tramezza derby on the same last with the same half-broguing and medallion. With a relatively small good shoe collection for around here (under 25 pairs of "high end" Italian, English, and Austrian shoes) I'm not quite ready for that kind of duplication.

Those Zegna boots look damn sharp, too.

8. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Ed, I own a pair of the monkstraps and love them. I'm wearing them today in fact. I also like your boots *very* much. I'll need to keep my eyes open for a pair of each (my local Saks has a very poor shoe selection). Enjoy!!

Sam, I own the derby, too and wear them for slightly more formal occasions than the monks. I enjoy them both (my collection is also under 25 pairs of good shoes and maybe fewer than 20).

9. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Those are some fine looking shoes. The should take on a nice patina as you wear them.

10. edmorel

Thanks all. 20-25 pairs are considered small collections????? Wow, then the 7 pairs I have are simply an afterthought! I am trying to make up for lost time and if I'm ebay lucky, I should own 2 more pairs by the weekend. Sam, those derby's sound real nice, wish I could encounter them somewhere.

11. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Very elegant shoes Ed. Thanks for your help earlier.

12. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Thanks all. 20-25 pairs are considered small collections????? Wow, then the 7 pairs I have are simply an afterthought! I am trying to make up for lost time and if I'm ebay lucky, I should own 2 more pairs by the weekend. Sam, those derby's sound real nice, wish I could encounter them somewhere.

Just to clarify, I don't consider 20 pairs a small collection. I'm now at the stage where I'm looking mainly for specific styles of shoes, by specific manufacturers. Chukka boots like those you posted, though, are on my list, since I currently own only 2 pairs of boots.

13. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Distinguished Member

It's a good thing the 'location' listed for you isn't more specific than "New York". I now know you are my size and I can pick a lock. Nice shoes. [​IMG]

14. odoreater

odoreater Distinguished Member

Simply stunning.

15. Soph

Soph Distinguished Member

I have 2 pairs of Zegna cout. boots and they are wonderfully elegant. Good show.