• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nikolai Kühne

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have in my short lifetime bought several pieces of chothing, however, quality and price is not always connected.
I live in Denmark and therefore clothing here is substantially more expensive than in the US or in the GB, owing to this some listed prices may be higher than what you normally would expect.
I will go through different brands and state my opinions regarding quality - primarily focusing on knitwear, polos, t-shirts and whatever i have bought from these companies.

Armani Jeans: Oh boy i know how many people dislike this company and i can totally understand it. Recently i bought a cardigan for 91 dollar (normal price 182 dollar). The fabric is quite soft, however, it is made of a viscose/polyamid blend, which speaks for itself.
A suitsupply cardigan costs around 91 dollar (in Denmark) and is made of 100% merino wool and it feels much nicer.
I own an Armani Jeans shirt too. It was around 150 dollar (in Denmark) and when it arrived i could already see broken threads. If i had to compare it to another brand in the same price range i would compare it to the danish brand Blue de Genes. One of their shirts that i own: "https://www.blue-de-genes.com/shop/shirts/bacco-torriglia-shirt-4150311010/blue-stripe/" is of much better quality and is made in Portugal and not in a "poor" country.
The only reason for buying a shirt from Armani is in my opinion their fit. I am a short guy, therefore slimmer fits is better for me.

Tiger of Sweden: The same as Armani - their fit is slim and great for some people but i have a dress shirt from them: "steel 1" which is made partially of polyamid, which is not to be expected at this price range.

Lacoste: Their polos are decent, they use mother of pearl buttons which is good and their fit is fine.

Tommy Hilfiger: This brand is one of my old favorites, you can get some amazing stuff and some not so amazing stuff. They are in my opinion better than Lacoste and Ralph Lauren quality wise, however, their fit can be strange.

Ralph Lauren: A bit pricier than Hilfiger for no reason at all, some of their clothing is acceptable.

That's it for me have a nice day/night depending on where in the world you reside ;) (english is not my native language so please do correct my mistakes but to it constructively :))

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads