• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My picks for this season's top 10 hoodies.

Largo

Reaction score
Just to dig this up, I had to ask. Being unable to find any of the top 10 hoodies in a store (except the EG at Hejfina, which was too damn small), I found a Rogan hoodie on sale at Barney's that seemed pretty nice (super thick, Riri zipper), but how's the quality for you gents 'in the know'?

sam_tem

Reaction score
i actually bought that edun hoodie on sale at barney's not long ago

it has a print on one side of the hood that i was definitely not cool with, but i took a sharpie to it and pretty much muted it out altogether. nice big dark zipper and the way they run it all the way up through the hood is really great. it's got a lot of uniqueness to it and i'm happy with it.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm going to go ahead and second the engineered garments hoodie as one if not the best hoodie this winter. Normally i'm not at all fond of pullover hoodies, i find them a bit constricting, but this hoodie is on point. Slim fit, VERY GOOD QUALITY, made in USA, and very comfortable/warm. I'd easily put this next to my tiger fleece W+H hoodie, it's really that good. I love the snap closures on the neck, it gives a very unique touch. Here's a pic of the fit, I'm a size small (small slim fit W+H) and this fits very close. Here's a quick pic for reference.
DSC03628-1.jpg
I'm going to try and hunt down the EG zip up hoodie next season, if it's this good, I'm sold on a new brand. Orginal price was $155 at ODIN in NYC, reduced to $105 no tax. Even at $155 it's a good price, and being american made, something I still till this day try to support, it's great bang for the buck.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pocket looks oddly high up on your torso. Not necessarily a bad thing by any means though
smile.gif

fogg

Reaction score
Thirded on EG hoodies! I have the zip version and its a great cut and super warm as well, without being bulky. The ribbing on the sides that turns into raglan sleeves is a cool detail as well. The snap-button neck closure might turn off some people, but I love it! Poly, they're doing the zip hoody for Spring/Summer, just without the thermal lining. You can see it here - http://c-shack.com/chika/c_shop/eg_zp_1.html

Reaction score
Anyone know where I could track down the pullover thermal-lined version this late in the season? I'm fiending.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by americanhearts
Anyone know where I could track down the pullover thermal-lined version this late in the season? I'm fiending.

I think that Odin is probably your best and perhaps only bet man. And yes, both the zip up and pul over versions are amazing. Great raglan sleeve ribbed detail. Great 3 piece hood. Oh, And Stuart and Wright in Brooklyn *may* have it as well. Good luck.

Reaction score
LA Guy -- thanks to your wellspring of knowledge, I called up and ordered it from Odin. A gentleman there named Sato assisted me through the whole process, and called me back within a couple hours to let me know he had just shipped it.

I'd searched the forum for info on Odin before calling and chanced upon a post that spoke ill of their customer service. I'm happy to say I had a much different experience. Highly recommended.

Dill

Reaction score
I just ordered a grey medium pullover from Odin and I am pretty excited about it. They only had one bedford coat left in my size but it was black, not the herringbone. I also called Stuart & Wright to see if they had the herringbone bedford, but they only had a size small (I am not sure if it was in herringbone). So far I have tried MAC, Barneys, Odin, and Stuart & Wrights for this jacket. Since it was sold out a lot of places before the after christmas sales, I think I am **** outta luck. Hopefully they make it again next fall.

Polyrock: is your hoodie grey?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dill
I just ordered a grey medium pullover from Odin and I am pretty excited about it. They only had one bedford coat left in my size but it was black, not the herringbone. I also called Stuart & Wright to see if they had the herringbone bedford, but they only had a size small (I am not sure if it was in herringbone). So far I have tried MAC, Barneys, Odin, and Stuart & Wrights for this jacket. Since it was sold out a lot of places before the after christmas sales, I think I am **** outta luck. Hopefully they make it again next fall.

Dill,

How much was the hoodie and do you know if they have any left in a medium?

Thanks

Dill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Dill,

How much was the hoodie and do you know if they have any left in a medium?

Thanks

105 plus 15 shipping. I think they said they had 2 left, but I am not 100% positive. It was the layfette location and here is the number: 212-966-0026. If not, try stuart & wrights (718-797-0011)

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply on that. I called Odin and they do still have it in stock. I was going to pick it up but opted for the black wool pathfinder jacket ($219) and the red plaid ($89!!!!) workshirt instead.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dill

no, that's a black hoodie. The grey (which I have the zip but version of, and love, but unfortunately busted the zipper, so it is in hiding right now, until I get the zipper replaced (I want a sturdy dual zip riri M8 or M10, but no luck yet) is a light, heathered color. I posted pics some time ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads