• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My picks for this season's top 10 hoodies.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
the arabic hoody retailed at $292. i think originally it was going for $220, and then the price hike.

do you know if the winter ndg hoodies are fleece or thermal lined?

thanks.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Just to put my $0.02 in on the the Trovata Defarkas hoodie, a lot about the hoodie is spot on: the hefty but soft almost heathered material, super soft cotton & patterned lining, thick ribbing on all edges (hem, sleeves, hood, and front opening), button and zipper opening, big buttons, etc.

With all these positives going for it it was ruined by two things, at least for me: the sleeves were a little on the slim side and the pockets, although a nice design, tended to bulge out, thus, ruining the silhouette, and eccentuating the slimness of the arms relative to the body.

If those two issues weren't there, I would have kept the one that I sold in this forum a couple months back. It really pained me to let go of it because of all the positives noted. What a shame
frown.gif

Well, I am going to defend it as a good option for tall, slim people:

The sleeves are relatively long so if your arms are long and thin it works pretty well.

If your torso is long enough, the pocket effect timpoblete refers to doesn't really have much of an impact. Moreover, you have the option of leaving the hoodie open, zipping it, or buttoning it fully or partially. That gives you a range of silhouettes to choose from, so even if you don't like the way one drapes or layers, you can easily change it.

That being said, if you have a Schwartzenneggerian build this is not the hoodie for you.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of them wearing an LW hoodie? I'd like to see just how slim it really is.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ddohnggo
the arabic hoody retailed at $292. i think originally it was going for $220, and then the price hike.

do you know if the winter ndg hoodies are fleece or thermal lined?

thanks.

it was thermalized
but i dont think that really justifies the price too much

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
is that a word?

It is now. Get widdit, we coin new words everyday mang.

likewtfyo

Reaction score
are the W+H(spruce) hoodies heavy? is it suitable for an aircond lecture room?

i'm looking for a PLAIN hoody without the drawstrings a full zip up i guess. any suggestions that might suit my climate and requirements.

i'm in love with the spruce hoodies. just waiting for a hookup. so i'm asking questions about it here.

Goldengloves

Reaction score
They seem to be a little heavier than most, but not too heavy. Currently W+H makes my favorite hoody.

someoneNew

Reaction score
The LW hoodies scream.... Aaaadriaaaaaannnnnnnn!
How cool is Sly in that bottom pic...
balboa3_350x295.jpg
DF-08632.jpg
rocky6.jpg
Rocky06.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the fit of my classic fit SPRUCE hoodie. only qualms is that it isn't lined and after a dozen or so washes, the colorloss is pretty significant and the cotton is stiffening. should'nt it be the opposite?

Zero

Reaction score
LA Guy,
What makes Nylon Guys pseudo and what do you think about Complex

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zero
LA Guy,
What makes Nylon Guys pseudo and what do you think about Complex

Well, huge distribution. I can pick it up at the local CVS. The fact that one of summer issues was a advertising tie-in with Diesel. And other things such as that, as the governor of California might say. Complex is pretty much the same. Real indie mags are outfits like YRB. You don't see Diesel and Marc Jacobs ads in YRB.

Kane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i love the fit of my classic fit SPRUCE hoodie. only qualms is that it isn't lined and after a dozen or so washes, the colorloss is pretty significant and the cotton is stiffening. should'nt it be the opposite?

Fleece isn't denim. Repeated washing and drying strip fleece of the small fibers that make it soft to the touch (all ends up in the lint trap). Also, it's better if you tumble dry the fleece, otherwise you'd be able to stand it up on its own.

I don't wash my fleece every week. Maybe when it gets dirty, or once every three or four or more weeks. Five? A dozen washes would be typically spread over the duration of a year.

~attrACTION~

Reaction score
Sweet! I especially like the Factory People hoodies and the American Apparel...which is so cheap I'll buy a few different colors.

Thanks alot for the awesome thread.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kane
Fleece isn't denim. Repeated washing and drying strip fleece of the small fibers that make it soft to the touch (all ends up in the lint trap). Also, it's better if you tumble dry the fleece, otherwise you'd be able to stand it up on its own. I don't wash my fleece every week. Maybe when it gets dirty, or once every three or four or more weeks. Five? A dozen washes would be typically spread over the duration of a year.
thanks for the advice.....your knowledge of cotton is supreme.... and i have been throwing it in the dryer, a dozen was an exaggeration...closer to 3-4 over ~6-7 months so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads