• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My picks for this season's top 10 hoodies.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
I was expecting to see the Trovata cardi-hoodie on here. Not up to your standards, LA Guy?

I agree. I have it and I think it is great. The lining is a little odd, but it's got character. It's nice and heavy and seems well constructed with good detailing. For $125 or so a real steal.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Awesome write up LA Guy! Thank you so much. This comes at a perfect time as I am in the market for a decent hoodie.

BTW, I got my 5EPs yesterday, and they are awesome! Thanks to you and Brian for that.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to put my $0.02 in on the the Trovata Defarkas hoodie, a lot about the hoodie is spot on: the hefty but soft almost heathered material, super soft cotton & patterned lining, thick ribbing on all edges (hem, sleeves, hood, and front opening), button and zipper opening, big buttons, etc. With all these positives going for it it was ruined by two things, at least for me: the sleeves were a little on the slim side and the pockets, although a nice design, tended to bulge out, thus, ruining the silhouette, and eccentuating the slimness of the arms relative to the body. If those two issues weren't there, I would have kept the one that I sold in this forum a couple months back. It really pained me to let go of it because of all the positives noted. What a shame
frown.gif

simoh

Reaction score
Where can I get this hoody online? And who makes it, is it a loopwheeler hoody?

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Did you get a LW hoodie Fok?
Great write up. I would flip one and two on that list, just my personal preference as of now.

And can you get me a small shawl???! I would return any shopping favors in San Francisco for you.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
anyone know if the winter season ndg noodies are thermal or fleece lined?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
Did you get a LW hoodie Fok?
Great write up. I would flip one and two on that list, just my personal preference as of now.

And can you get me a small shawl???! I would return any shopping favors in San Francisco for you.

No money to get a LW for myself there. And I've edited the list to state that they are in no particular order.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
peasant

Peasant doesn't carry the Engineered Garments thermal lined hoodie, only the ecowool one. But the eco-wool one is very nice too. I consciously tried to include only 1 hoodie per brand, to give greater sense of what's out there. Otherwise, another w+h hoodie and the eco-wool hoodie might have made the cut.

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaah. i like the looks of the one on peasant more, that neck-strap thing on the other weirds me out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Curious, which one happens to be your favorite?

Hard to say. That's why I said "in no particular order." Today, I'm actually wearing an Edun hoodie from last F/W
smile.gif
However, I think that the honorable mention w+h shawl collar sweatshirt is getting a lot of wear these days. And the w+h black tiger fleece look great under my Nom de Guerre M65, so it gets a lot of wear as well. But they are all good for different reasons.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
No money to get a LW for myself there. And I've edited the list to state that they are in no particular order.

i don't know what that would do for your cyc/engineered garments sponsorship!!!

fogg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by simoh
Where can I get this hoody online? And who makes it, is it a loopwheeler hoody?

That is a loopwheeler hoodie. Its a collaboration unplugged did with Loopwheeler and you can buy it here, now that they have finally fixed their webstore -http://www.unpluged-store.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_6_10

However, they won't ship internationally so you'll have to use a bidding service. They're also running low on colors/sizes. I bought the mint green version a few months ago through Celga. I love it, and wear it more than my Spruce zip-up hoodie. It's a little bit lighter than the Spruce, though.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was at nom de guerre the other day the plain ndg hoodie was 340 dollars which i think is a complete rip off i want this hoodie that they made a couple years ago... http://freshnessmag.com/v4/2006/02/0...nom-de-guerre/ im guessin its over 340 when it was available but i might of paid it for that one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads