• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My PETA sticker.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
^It's a great car and, though of course I've never met you, from what I can "read" of your personality, it seems like a perfect fit... at least until you find the right AM Lagonda from the other thread. I especially like the color; so many people seem to go "blagh!" with their Benzes... white, light grey, sand, etc. The bright Red is the way to go; back in the 80's my neighbor had a bright red 560SL and I still think it was one of the coolest things on the planet. I'm just curious how much gas that thing sucks up... I assume it's not a Diesel? Have you had to take out a second mortgage to drive it to work/school?
I've always been fond of the SLC series, which was the fixed roof version of that car. It was the most expensive flagship that Mercedes offered in the '70s aside from the special-order 600. The best colors are those hideously dated '70s ones--mustard, etc. However, my signal red is rather popular, and accordingly, a ticket-waver for police. It's not a diesel, but the smaller 3.8L V8. It gets about 17-18 MPG, which is not bad. Of course, it requires premium. It has a nice little sign inside to remind you, "UNLEADED ONLY".

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today, whilst I was out, I got honked twice by two jokers. One was a group of young Asians, probably exactly the type of young Asians I detest most.

They even gesticulated with their hands.

---

One wonders what would happen if I put up that abortion sticker?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Today, whilst I was out, I got honked twice by two jokers. One was a group of young Asians, probably exactly the type of young Asians I detest most. They even gesticulated with their hands.
Maybe they were a gang of young Asian peta supporters? Anyway, I'd say they were just jealous of your car. That's why you need a bumper sticker that says "Guns don't kill people. I kill people." A week or two ago (I'm embarrassed to admit this story, actually) I thought someone was honking and "gesticulating" at me and was getting irritated at the "rudeness" of some people who would do this to somebody for no reason... and then I realized that I had left my gascap and cover open and it was flailing in the wind. They were just being helpful...
confused.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I discovered you can make your own stickers.

I was thinking of making a sticker of one of those absurd The Chap sayings.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I discovered you can make your own stickers..

Wait, is there a particular site... ?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
RJ, I'm trying to figure out what sort of sticker you'd have on your Citroen...
wink.gif
"Charleton Heston is my President," maybe? "#3 Intimidator RIP" "Hug your Kids at Home; Belt them in the Car" ???

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^I would so crack up if I saw a car driving around with 2'5" 10.1 lbs on a sticker...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RJ, I'm trying to figure out what sort of sticker you'd have on your Citroen...
wink.gif

"Charleton Heston is my President," maybe?

"#3 Intimidator RIP"

"Hug your Kids at Home; Belt them in the Car" ???

IMPEACH BILLARY

Vote for Cthulhu: Why choose the lesser of two evils?

247056469v11_240x240_Front.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^I would so crack up if I saw a car driving around with 2'5" 10.1 lbs on a sticker...

The feline is the message. OBEY.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Vote for Cthulhu: Why choose the lesser of two evils?
Okay, now we're getting to my level of dork-dom because I find this hilarious... Now I feel like I need to make some cryptic Star Trek: TNG joke to compensate... Btw... does Lovecraft just make you laugh? I love his dialogue... it's like it was written by the least sociable human being alive...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, now we're getting to my level of dork-dom because I find this hilarious... Now I feel like I need to make some cryptic Star Trek: TNG joke to compensate...

Btw... does Lovecraft just make you laugh? I love his dialogue... it's like it was written by the least sociable human being alive...

"The hounds... the hounds... argh..."

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
"I can't tell you, Carter! It's too utterly beyond thought--I dare not tell you--no man could know it and live--Great God! I never dreamed of this!"

But, he also uses words like "cacodaemonical" (sp?)... so that gives him a few points of extra credit.

Not as good as Faulkner's use of "Iowacornsilkcolored" to describe a woman's hair... but close.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"I can't tell you, Carter! It's too utterly beyond thought--I dare not tell you--no man could know it and live--Great God! I never dreamed of this!"

But, he also uses words like "cacodaemonical" (sp?)... so that gives him a few points of extra credit.

1166468327-cathulhu.t.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads