My Personal Restaurant Service Pet Peeves! Agree or Disagree?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Springs1, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Dear Springs1,

I was working last night and someone asked for extra ranch dressing on the side. Unfortunately, I work at a sushi restaurant and we do not carry any ranch dressing. I politely tried to explain the problem, but she was very angry and said everyone should have ranch dressing. I told her many customers enjoy our spicy mayonnaise with their California Rolls but she was insistent. I asked the manager to speak with her but she was very angry. She left no tip.

Is there something different I should have done in this situation? I considered driving to the supermarket for some Hidden Valley but I had other tables and my manager told me under no uncertain terms I was not allowed to leave.

Signed,

-Between a Rock'n Roll and a Hard Place

2. Godot

Godot Senior member

Spring, you confirm the saying that the restaurant-bar business is the only one in which the customer is always wrong. You should never eat out. I'll go further and suggest that you not even order pizza or Chinese delivery. Get a cook book.

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Cooking with Cyaninde?

4. ama

ama Senior member

I just wanted to quote this Internet moment of awesomeness to ensure that it could remain alive and unedited forever.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  5. Springs1

Springs1 Well-Known Member

That customer was out of line and that's ridiculous of that customer as if every place has everything you want. The customer took it out on you just because they didn't carry an item, which is totally RIDICULOUS!

Nothing you can do. I wouldn't expect you to go to the store for the customer for an item you don't even carry. That's crazy.

I am not like that customer I hope you know. I don't blame the server when they are out of something or don't carry something. I just either order something else or decide to take my business elsewhere where they do have what I want OR bring my own.

6. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior member

have you ever considered bringing your own server?

7. Springs1

No and I wouldn't be allowed to for safety reasons. Think about it, it's a safety hazard if a non-employee starts walking into the kitchen, DUH!

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

[​IMG]

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Share with us some of the items you have brought with you.

10. Springs1

At some bars that serve food, I brought my own mayo and mustard since they had cheapass packet mayonnaise not even a name brand mayo even.

I also have brought my own ranch and remoulade sauce before at some restaurants that didn't have what I wanted.

Also, I have brought my own coke or dr. pepper to Applebee's since they sell just Pepsi products(I am a coca cola product fan).

I have brought mayo from McDonald's with fries then went to Taco Bell back around 13 or so years ago when Taco Bell had the chili cheese burritos so I could dip the burritos in mayo and the fries in mayo since Taco Bell didn't sell that at that time nor do they now. Taco Bell did back in 1996 sell fries I remember for a brief time.

I have brought my own mayo for the spicy chicken burrito that Taco Bell used to have.

I basically bring my own when I can't get what I want at the restaurant or I either eat it not as enjoyable without the sauces or I don't order that item or I don't go to that restaurant which is what the customer should have done that Douglas was talking about.

11. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Have you ever ventured into more upscale establishments like Outback Steakhouse or Carraba's or do you generally stick to the middle ground of Chili's/Applebee's?

12. Springs1

Well of course Outback, but those aren't upscale by a LONGSHOT. We don't have a Carraba's in our area.

We have gone to:

1. Chili's
    2. Applebee's
    3. Outback(A ZILLION TIMES BEFORE)
    4. Denny's
    5. IHOP
    6. Waffle House
    7. Longhorn Steakhouse
    8. Longstar Steakhouse
    9. Logan's Roadhouse
    10. Texas Roadhouse
    11. Houston's - THIS IS MORE UPSCALE where their prices are listed as REALLY EXPENSIVE and a dollar amount, no cents listed.

And many more local chains as well as probably more I didn't think of as well as local restaurants we have in our area as well as local restaurants out of town or even out of state like when we are on a vacation.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  13. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

when can we start to critique the poster for being poor, fat or possibly both at the same time based upon her choices of restaurants?

14. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

There is nothing better than a Waffle House at 3 in the morning when you are too drunk to stand, let alone drive. Three fried eggs over extra easy, pancakes, hash browns scattered covered and peppered and a diet cola please. Krystal never seemed to cut it. Plus the cops hung out there. They were very mean and harass you for drinking a beer in the drive through. You would have to explain that it isn't against the law copper. When they got really mad, they would try and say that you were publicly intoxicated. You would then have to point out to them that you were not IN PUBLIC you were in YOUR CAR on PRIVATE PROPERTY waiting to get 24 cheeseburgers in a box in the drive through. Many times they would wait there until you drove off onto the road, so that they could try and say you were intoxicated while driving. If you were smart, you waited and enjoyed your cheeseburgers in the parking lot, with your beers. They walked around with such angry hard ons, that somebody else often came along and you could drive away unnoticed and finish your burgers and beer on the way home. Other times you just had to hit the road full speed so that you could out run them and hide.

15. Godot

Godot Senior member

Spring1, if you are not satisfied with Chili's, Denny's and IHOP, then I fear no restaurant, no matter what the Zagat rating is going to please you. I'd like to suggest an alternative that allows you not to have to deal with food establishments or servers in any way. It's called the Sunshine diet and not only do you get to avoid these pricey establishments, but you save the 5 or 6% you'd be forced to tip, if someone was watching.

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/28-08-2006/84110-sunlight-0/

I'm assured this is very healthy and I'll be interested to see how you and your family fare after a month or so. :)