1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My Own Shoe Damage Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by itsstillmatt, Apr 14, 2006.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Interestingly, the shoe selection is very different at the two stores. 52 has mainly English looking shoes, and 57 has English looking and a few vintage Lattanzi (not the crazy looking ones) models.

Probably it's becasue 52's target audience is the "locals" - hedge fund managers, i-bankers, m&a lawyers who work in the area.

Matt, your Lattanzi "Edward Green" is one of my all time favs. They were at BG but when I decided to pull the trigger they were gone.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Probably it's becasue 52's target audience is the "locals" - hedge fund managers, i-bankers, m&a lawyers who work in the area.

Matt, your Lattanzi "Edward Green" is one of my all time favs. They were at BG but when I decided to pull the trigger they were gone.

You mean the one on the left in this pic? [​IMG]They are both from his EG series, as is the suede in the original pic. The are called Asquit, EG2 and EG1. The 52nd St Brioni has many more from the series including a darkbrown captoe like the EG2 that has the same kind of antiquing as the Asquit

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

You mean the one on the left in this pic? [​IMG]They are both from his EG series, as is the suede in the original pic. The are called Asquit, EG2 and EG1. The 52nd St Brioni has many more from the series including a darkbrown captoe like the EG2 that has the same kind of antiquing as the Asquit

Yes, the one on the left.[​IMG] I love the square off chiseled toe. It out-888s the 888 last.

4. itsstillmatt

Yes, the one on the left.[​IMG] I love the square off chiseled toe. It out-888s the 888 last.

If you are tempted, the Lattanzi shop has that shoe in at least three, maybe four, different leathers. PM me if you want any more info.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Is that Lattanzi a bespoke?

6. itsstillmatt

Is that Lattanzi a bespoke?

None of the ones in this thread are bespoke.

7. darck

darck Well-Known Member

That monkstrap really is beautiful!

However, I have been wondering why these threads always are about shoe "damage". Is this a play on words that I completely miss? To me the word "damage" means "injury" or "breakage". Yet none of these wonderful shoes are damaged? What am I missing here? Thanks.

8. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

That monkstrap really is beautiful!

However, I have been wondering why these threads always are about shoe "damage". Is this a play on words that I completely miss? To me the word "damage" means "injury" or "breakage". Yet none of these wonderful shoes are damaged? What am I missing here? Thanks.

It's slang ... In this case, think "damage to pocketbook." [​IMG]

9. kcgreg

kcgreg Senior member

I think I am a shoe fetish now!!! Man I love the Manza Monkstraps!!!!

10. kcc

kcc Senior member

Matt

the EG2 model is stunning. does Brioni offer it in suede?

Also, as a general question, when is the best time to purchase suede shoes? are they offered throughout the year?

Thanks.

11. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

I got a chance to see the lattanzis at Brioni in Las Vegas, and the very interesting shoe trees. i knew instantly they were lattanzi, just by lookin at them-- didn't care much for the store, but it was worth it to see those cool shoes. can't remember the retail on them, tho.

12. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

$1950 if I remember correctly.

13. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Great brown and white spectators! What are you putting those with, just out of curiosity? I own a few pairs, and am looking for new ideas.