• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Nudies after 6 months

TDV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
so what? they still look better than 95% of the jeans posted here.
yeah definitely I'm not judging him I think they look great. Some of the guys ranking on him probably wear factory distressed jeans with combs that are 3" off and otherwise tacky looking and not 1/10th as good looking as that pair.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
so what? they still look better than 95% of the jeans posted here.
95%? I haven't been on the evolution thread on here recently but has the quality of the fades there gotten this bad? Chris my girlfriend compliments me on my jeans too (and for $100+ she better), but like whodini said, that's **** I keep to myself. The fact that you mention a girl complimenting your jeans won't make your balls bigger, nor make this thread any less stupid.

Suicmez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Benson
Is that the guy who is in those High School movies? I'm not really up on who the junior high girls think is cute.

The girl I went out with has never heard of Nudie or even what raw demin is. I had to explain how the jeans got to looking the way they did and what raw demin. I never said anything about brand until we went to actual store and showed her the jeans I bought last time. So, to say that she was impressed by what brand of jeans I was wearing is completely false.

Yea he's in those movies, and 17 again. Well I never mentioned that she was impressed by the brand of jeans.. Nudie is more of a guys brand of jeans anyways.. I've yet to see a girl on the street wearing Nudies. All I'm saying is she probably went in there, you showed her a pair of Slim Jims, she saw the price tag, and therefore she was "impressed" with the denim quality.. which translates to: she now knows how much your jeans cost, congratulations.

TDV

Reaction score
Nudies are for men.

they make a womens variety called denimbirds or something.

Chris Benson

Reaction score
Considering this guy started a thread asking about sanding jeans I'm saying he did.
Wow dude, That's really kind of creepy that you would go to all that effort in attempts to prove something. I started that thread like 6 months ago. Good on you to track down my profile and look at every thread I ever started.
crazy.gif
You might want to get another hobby of some sort.

Anyway, I asked about sanding because it was my first pair of raw denim jeans and frankly didn't know jack about them. I heard on here that people take their jeans to the beach and grind the sand into them, or use sand paper to get artificial fades. (Frankly, I thought they looked terrible). I was curious if anyone actually did it. I mean why would you buy a $180+ pair of jeans to fade them artificially the same way the $40 Wal-Mart brand does? Kind of pointless in my opinion.

tigerFormula, if it makes you sleep better at night to think that I used sand paper, Go for it! More power to you.

The Naked and Famous jeans I bought two weeks ago already have some very minor fading happening believe it or not. Why? because I don't baby them like many people do. I spent last weekend helping my cousin build a dock, I walked around my cabin in Canadian shield barefoot for the whole weekend, and in the evening I was out black bear hunting.

This is pretty typical of the wear I put my jeans through. To get you jeans to look faded like those Nudies for goodness sake quite babying them.

I guess I'm really the odd duck here as I am not really an urbanite and spend more of my time hunting critters, fishing and being out in the woods than sitting in some city somewhere being overly concerned about the latest fashion trend.

I must say that this has sure has turned into a very entertaining thread!
cheers.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TDV
Nudies are for men.
True, and they're also for women as some models are clearly marked unisex or are sold exclusively as womens. Ever heard of the High Kai or Narrow Boot?
Originally Posted by TDV
they make a womens variety called denimbirds or something.
They did but I haven't heard anyone carry them in close to two years.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The natural/artificial fade zealots here are pretty obnoxious. If it looks good, who cares?

Johnny5

Reaction score
This is one of the most ugly sandpapered jeans i've seen.. if you want to sand it at least do it with more skills. Pathetic.

turbozed

Reaction score
These jeans are more worn than my RRDS from 3 years ago that I still wear.

I must live a pretty inactive lifestyle.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

TDV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny5
This is one of the most ugly sandpapered jeans i've seen.. if you want to sand it at least do it with more skills. Pathetic.

wut you mean like this

1lab4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads