• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My next shoe will be online purchase

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
All are good. All have attractive prices. Get them all, Brian.
smile.gif

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, I was under the impression you grabbed those Santoni FAMs way back when Nixon used to be in office
Word of caution as far as SMs go: their soles may turn out more rigid than North Korean foreign policy.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i bought the nordstrom split toe FAM which is different in a few respects.

the nordstrom ones (i actually found out through Guffey's in Atlanta, Tim the santoni expert there:
that the $950 Split toe model FAM also at Nordstrom is NOT called Fritz.

that is the goodyear welted US version FAM that is not tan serrated.
it does not have the hand antique and decadent leather and does NOT have the bentivegna type welting around the sole edge.

the Split toe carried at nordstrom and Guffeys is actually a number, not a name, i think something like 6758. This is actually a split toe model from the European market, as per Guffey's.

these Ben silver fam are different altogether as well. they vamp and quarters are seperate pieces and the last is different.

i believe Santoni has one of the most diverse and confusing shoe lines of all.

Jerry52

Reaction score
I like them in the order you have them pictured. First two quite a bit more than the third. At least that's how they look on paper. Maybe some are more photogenic than others. Reminds me of the SEINFELD episode where Jerry's dating the gal who turns from beauty to ugly depending on the lighting.

nioh

Reaction score
Another vote for the Santonis.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go with the Testonis personally. I like the silhouette more than the others.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote with a strong preference for the Testonis, followed by Santoni. The mustard on the Mantellassi just isn't my cup of tea. Since you already own the Santonis and have more than a few models with the elongated toe box, I suggest you explore offerings from other companies, as long as they properly fit, to avoid amassing a shoe collection that screams mid-2000s. The redness of the oxford should also complement your previous Vass purchase (if you decide to keep the Vass).

Another helpful tip, would to include a listing of your current collection/rotation. I have a feeling your black Gucci's are feeling a little less love these days.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
yes, yes. very good advice by all and more confusion as alot of premier members here have given me their choices that are all different.

my Guccis are feeling neglected yes. they are covered with dust and little silverfish lurking within them.

why did i ever purchase them?
plain.gif

i am beginning to be very swayed by acidicboy's advice however.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
double post

...why does this happen sometime?

I would guess it is something geeks call a network latency.

Network slowdown probably due to too many simultaneous users.

Moss

Reaction score
I have the Santoni Baird (purchased from Ben Silver) and have been very happy with them. Nicer antiquing in my pair than what is visible in your picture (which I recall from the BS website). Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads