• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new winter coat

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I'm not totally sure i like it, but since returning it will be hard (no car and no time w/ school, really), I think I will stick with it.
48znjb8.jpg

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Its a size and a half too big and the sleeves are too long. Does look warm however, function > form.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I considered getting a Medium, but the Large is bigger in the shoulders, which I need.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Its a problem I run into quite often, not many brands accommodate the V shape upperbody well.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
Its a problem I run into quite often, not many brands accommodate the V shape upperbody well.
Exactly. Tshirts don't work well either. I have a 43" chest and a 29" waist.

Goblin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
Exactly. Tshirts don't work well either. I have a 43" chest and a 29" waist.
Jesus, I thought I had problems finding clothes with an 8-10" drop.
frown.gif

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have problems in the shoulders/upper back. My shoulders aren't "wide", but my entire upper back is thick along w/ the rear shoulders. it's a *****.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so many views and not enough comments
frown.gif
.. you guys dont like it>?

ninjapie

Reaction score
What brand is it? I saw some similar jackets at the local H&M and I think in the G-star store.
I think it would look pretty cool on you with some baggier jeans.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pockets limit the slimming. So might the material.

Smooth Genes

Reaction score
nothin wrong with the fit of that jacket. u are a man afterall right? wearing a winter jacket fitted like a girl does looks really stupid. Plus u need room underneath for layers.

and yeah i actually saw that at H&M. I liked it but i didnt want a hooded jacket.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smooth Genes
u are a man afterall right? wearing a winter jacket fitted like a girl does looks really stupid.

Not sure what being a man has to do with wearing a jacket that fits?

Reaction score
I think he's trying to say men are like women, but different shapes. A woman's jacket in the winter is too tight for manshape?

The jacket looks like it should do you fine for a winter. What it may lack in warmth, it makes up for layerability. And you can get away without gloves with sleeves that length. You'll live. It looks decent, if not unremarkable, but some cite invisibility a virtue, yeah???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads