• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new tiebar (Novelty items thread)

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a serious man and I wear serious clothes. I want to see the serious things you wear. Because clothing is serious business.

This may not come into play unless I am invited to a seriously pirate themed party, but I could not resist its swashbuckling charm.
0907081451.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Will's not a troll, Your Grace. Here at Styleforvm we do indulge a bit more humor than over at Triple K Ranch.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For clarification and proof I do not stab ties that displease me:

sww_1.jpg

sww.jpg

It's similar in concept to tie chains, which I only figured out recently. Kop at G-town flea market.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Very cool.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting tiebar! Too bad it goes through the tie, though. That said, I do have a few ties that I'm not particularly fond of, thanks to girlfriends trying to buy me clothes. I wouldn't mind, umm, shoving a sword (or two) through them (the ties, not the girlfriends). EDIT: Damn, you posted images while I was trying to post the comment. Ah, well. I just will have to burn 'em evil ties.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
That said, I do have a few ties that I'm not particularly fond of, thanks to girlfriends trying to buy me clothes. I wouldn't mind, umm, shoving a sword (or two) through them (the ties, not the girlfriends).

Sometimes when you stab a ***** too often, you just want to...stab a *****.

Pardon my vulgarity.

garmentmerchant

Reaction score
Very cool after thinking about it I figured it must clip on the back somehow. Derr.
Its good to know your local. I am a Deale Md resident myself (sleepy fishing town). I also do a pretty good menswear business . I know from your posts, you and most people of SF have good taste. We offer a few brands that may suit you Hardwick, Haspel we also carry a few Made in Italy Lines that are bit higher end and more conservative. In any case if youre ever interested in anything let us know its always a free ship to MD and DC .

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
Sometimes when you stab a ***** too often, you just want to...stab a *****.

I sense something deeply Freudian about that statement.

Pardon my vulgarity.
But of course.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the "handfuls" better.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads