• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Tarezza's, I think. SUWEEEEET.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
All right. You guys helped me identify them. I think it was a fairly good deal. I needed a new pair of black shoes for work. You tell me, but for the money, I don't think I could have gotten a better quality pair of shoes. Soles have some wear, but the uppers look amazing. Thanks for the information.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160296620389

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be $650 Fiorenzo from '06 catalog.
Going by the uppers, he prolly wore the piss out of them.
I also doubt they've seen shoetrees.
You could've found new AEs for that money
confused.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^+1. Nice shoes, but they look pretty beat up. I'm assuming you are using "amazing" as a relative concept (not sure to what). Although I think it's fine to buy slightly used shoes that has not conformed to the previous owners feet, this pair shows some pretty hard wear. enjoy them though.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
I guess the only wear I saw was the sole, which I figured I could get refinished. I thought the leather of the shoe looked really good, maybe just in need of a good shine. Also, I figured I could get a replacement insert for the inside of the shoe. Am I correct in these assumptions? My main objective was to get a well made shoe. From what I had read, these are in a category above AE.

Jeremy

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very nice, I would be very curious to see how they clean up..

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OP
Compare what you paid for them to the cost of fixing up a pair of $650 shoes.
That should give you an idea if it's worth the bother.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
@OP
Compare what you paid for them to the cost of fixing up a pair of $650 shoes.
That should give you an idea if it's worth the bother.

But they're Tarezzas..

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what;s the Retail on Tarezzas these days? Are they better than Suthor Mantovanis?

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought Soother Mantovagni was a winemaker
eh.gif

Lucky7

Reaction score
Make sure to post before and after pics..im interested to see what these babies look like with some TLC.

brlfvr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
That would be $650 Fiorenzo from '06 catalog.
Going by the uppers, he prolly wore the piss out of them.
I also doubt they've seen shoetrees.
You could've found new AEs for that money
confused.gif

[/IMG][/url]

Yeah but AE's don't look like that. Just enjoy the shoes. Don't let people make you feel bad about the purchase.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Nah, I'm not too worried about the comments. I was just excited because I thought the Tarezza line was a shoe that was worth its name rather than just a name. I would imagine that being in Phoenix, I am a little less critical of my footwear than in somewhere more fashion forward, like NYC. This whole high end shoe thing is sort of new to me, so a 2 year old pair of Tarezza's are exciting for me, however to some, they might be old news. But I figure a $140 investment is worth the risk, since having 2 kids and a family, I am NOT going to buy the shoes new. Ever. So, I'll let you all know how they clean up. I think with a new insole, and maybe a new heel and some polishing and a tree, they might clean up alright.

I doubt anyone in Phoenix will do a good job on the restoration. Any ideas on a good Ferragamo cobbler around the country? I have no issues sending them out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads