• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Sutor's (with lace hole on tongue)

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Per request here are some pictures of my new Sutor's. I posted a few pics, but you will see the one with the eyelet on the tongue. I know this is not too common on a dress shoe. Enjoy. Sorry about the pics, but at midnight, theres not exactly load of light available.

I can load new pics tomorrow. Have a good night.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, and very frankly, the shape is nice, but those punched holes by the eyelets are just really ugly, which ruins the whole aesthetic of the shoe. i am also not a fan of that punched wingtip, especially on a wholecut.

oneade

Reaction score
the hole patterns make it interesting. very nice!

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The punched holes make it kind of badass. Is that what you want? It's a bit tougher than what this forum typically likes.

cufflink

Reaction score
I really like the shape.

The punched holes by the eyelets needs getting used to, but I assume the lighting causes this to a certain extent.

lmaligaya

Reaction score
nice. i like the wingtip outline brouging. i think that the holes under the eyelets give it a very distinct personality, but i feel like the linearity of the holes make them feel out of place. Any pics of the laced up? the lace hole would be awesome if you can't see it laced up, but it is a minor detail that wont be noticeable.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Do you guys see that extra material just below the laces (toward the toe) Is this normal? This is what I referred to in another post as extra space above my toes. I really want to keep the shoes, but I might take them back if I can't get them to fit perfectly.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see it. Maybe it's "normal" for that shoe, I dunno.

In your other thread, the pair I referenced were "taller" further down the toe box.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I think those shoes killed another pair in prison.

Like this guy?

hung%2520do%2520large.jpg

I'm kinda picturing a "Caged Heat" version of that old SNL short film of two sneakers *******.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
thanks for posting them. they are nice, but don't bother putting the laces under those thingies.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are awesome shoes. I'm jealous. The punched hole broguing takes it to the next level.

jtoddaz

Reaction score
Thanks. They are going to be work shoes, so hopefully they'll be formal enough to wear with a suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads