• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new spectators, opinions please

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Hi guys, was browsing the bay last week for any unusual shoes, and came across these Bally bad boys :slayer:

Just had to get them as they were my size and never seen spectators of this style, they should arive in the next week or so, posted are the sellers pics.

I'd like your opinions on them, good or bad but keep the sarcasm to a minimum please :satisfied:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't care for them, but if you like them, groovy

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Indeed, I've pretty much got the bases covered with my modest collection so I fancied something a bit different, something I can go out with and no one else will have anything even remotely similar. And if anyone does take the piss it'll be met with a swift "**** you" :)

Last edited:

stinsonbass

Reaction score

Indeed, I've pretty much got the bases covered with my modest collection so I fancied something a bit different, something I can go out with and no one else will have anything even remotely similar. And if anyone does take the piss it'll be met with a swift "**** you" :)

:crackup: It is all about confidence :)

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw these as well, friend. They are actually a modern take on a vintage style (I believe 1940's - 1950's). Pretty cool, I think.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much back and forth between the brown and white for my taste.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are genuinely hideous, but I can see a few people pulling them off and making them look awesome. About 1% of the iGent circle could pull them off...here's hoping you fit into that 1%:cheers:

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too much back and forth between the brown and white for my taste.

Agreed. It's nauseating and a bit contrived.

Those are genuinely hideous, but I can see a few people pulling them off and making them look awesome. About 1% of the iGent circle could pull them off...here's hoping you fit into that 1%:cheers:

Agreed also. It's difficult to pull of a pair like those. Almost as difficult as pulling of a pair of green patent leather dress shoes. Someone posted a pair about a year ago that looked awesome, but extemely difficult to pull off.

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Thanks for the honest replies guys, as expected they're either loved or loathed :blush: I just think it's good to get something a bit off the wall every now and then.

Wraitii

Reaction score
They feel like this, I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are rather busy looking but the pants should cover enough. It would be nice of you to share some photos of these in action. I would like to see what you wear with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads