• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Paul Smith Suit

Taylorstav

Reaction score
Wore it on a recent shoot. Wanted to know what you guys think overall without getting a full on critique. I don't really want the full wrath of SF. Hahaha.

I'm not sure if you can tell in the lower quality photo, it's got a subtle lavender windowpane.

In a forest? by taylorstav, on Flickr

nelly

Reaction score
Is this the Byard model? I'm guessing you're wearing about a 38?

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Sleeves look a bit short.

nelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VelvetGreen

I think that's because he has his arms extended out a bit. Hanging by his sides I think they would be the proper length.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice and decent quality. Give some info on the construction.

nelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taylorstav
Yes and yes, you're very good. Hahaha!

I think it's the proper fit. Obviously not top shelf quality but with the Byard you are paying for styling, so it's a great suit to walk around the city in... or in your case an abandoned cabin.

Is it just me, or are the sunglasses hanging off the lapel buttonhole?!

Taylorstav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nelly
I think it's the proper fit. Obviously not top shelf quality but with the Byard you are paying for styling, so it's a great suit to walk around the city in... or in your case an abandoned cabin.

Is it just me, or are the sunglasses hanging off the lapel buttonhole?!

Yeah, not sure that's SF approved, but I do it all the time.
smile.gif

nelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Looks nice and decent quality. Give some info on the construction.
The Byard (in general) is half-canvassed and has a fabric content of 85% wool - 15% mohair. Interesting styling details: 5 kissing buttons on sleeves, many jackets w/ ticket pockets, patterned lining, pull tab trousers. Quality wise, I would compare it to the 1818 BB Fitz line but with a superior fit for slim frames.

ShoesYouCanUse

Reaction score
Smart look !!! Only one thing, the sleeves are a little too short.

Best regards,

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VelvetGreen
Ditto, the end of the trousers look a little weird too? Not the best stance!
tongue.gif
And to OP, nice choice of tie, and sunglasses add (casual) flair!

nelly

Reaction score
We're going to need to see this from a standard fitting stance. There is too much action in the photo.

Taylorstav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nelly
We're going to need to see this from a standard fitting stance. There is too much action in the photo.

Looks like it, It appears sleeves are in questions. I just looked through the whole series of pictures from the day, they're all pretty much action shots. lol

I'll have to take some lame bedroom shots.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Sleeves are fine, when your arms are not raised in action; I'm sure OP would want an extra half inch but to be honest, it's ok.

The rest of the fit, including the slight folds at the top of the sleeve, while ripe for criticism on SF and perhaps of some concern to you, seem to be near unavoidable in well fitting OTR suits - the padding does give you a strong shoulder profile but if you buy a PS suit which fits you well, can appear slightly excessive in my opinion. This is especially true if you are even slightly athletic. I suppose this is the price you pay for looking super slick to the 99% of the population who think that when you wear a tie you're looking 'really serious', and really quite presentable to SF.

I frequently wear a Willoughby (with a map of London in the lining, how very naughty) and the fit is similar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads