1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My new Paul Smith Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Taylorstav, May 26, 2011.

1. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

I tried the Byard on, I couldn't tell that it was cut more slim than the standard Westbourne, I could only tell that the shoulders were massively padded and the whole thing felt worse than the Westbourne.

2. Taylorstav

Taylorstav Senior member

here's a shot of the pant for the Burberry. I am a tad thicker on the bottom half. So I'm not a perfect mannequin. Haha! [​IMG] IMG_0038 by taylorstav, on Flickr

3. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I agree that Paul Smith tend to be too short/waifish. For a modern/young guy it works well. I prefer the Burberry one for fit, at least. They are both good enough, imo (not being snarky). How thin is that tie, btw? I think, 2" is the thinnest I would ever try to get away with! Both don't look as good as bespoke (a duh!), but for off-the-shelf they look pretty good! Not sure about the shoes though (not my style), I am an elitist! *stands on mountain, with cape

4. Taylorstav

Taylorstav Senior member

I agree that Paul Smith tend to be too short/waifish. For a modern/young guy it works well. I prefer the Burberry one for fit, at least. They are both good enough, imo (not being snarky). How thin is that tie, btw? I think, 2" is the thinnest I would ever try to get away with! Both don't look as good as bespoke (a duh!), but for off-the-shelf they look pretty good! Not sure about the shoes though (not my style), I am an elitist! *stands on mountain, with cape

Hahaha I'm with you on the shoes. I threw em on for pictures sake. They are cheap Zara get wrecked in the winter type shoes. Bought em when I was living downtown and walked everywhere. [​IMG]

5. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Hahaha I'm with you on the shoes. I threw em on for pictures sake. They are cheap Zara get wrecked in the winter type shoes. Bought em when I was living downtown and walked everywhere. [​IMG]
    Get some brown suedes..! *cumming What speakers do you have? They look similar to my B&W ones (all speakers look the same, I know). And nice art, too! [​IMG] I like the thread/avatar correlation, too! [​IMG] *man-hugging over

6. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Get some brown suedes..! *cumming

What speakers do you have? They look similar to my B&W ones (all speakers look the same, I know). And nice art, too! [​IMG]

I like the thread/avatar correlation, too! [​IMG] *man-hugging over

no homo [​IMG]

7. Taylorstav

Taylorstav Senior member

Get some brown suedes..! *cumming

What speakers do you have? They look similar to my B&W ones (all speakers look the same, I know). And nice art, too! [​IMG]

I like the thread/avatar correlation, too! [​IMG] *man-hugging over

Mmmmm brown suede would be nice. [​IMG]

The speakers are Totem Acoustic Model One Signatures. I love em! Thanks for the compliments on the art too. I just moved so art is still on the ground, but I finally got a few up today. [​IMG]

8. Nelton

Nelton Senior member

Very fond of both suits, especially the Paul Smith, i'm thinking of getting one myself soon and also guys you think paul smith trousers are baggy, ever tried Boss, Tommy Hillfiger, both my suits from there had hideously baggy trousers that required a lot of effort to get looking good and slim

Cheers Nick