• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new (non Clarks) Desert Boots

WoodyStylee

Reaction score
So in searching for Desert boots, I was slightly turned off by the Clarks DB's (although they are classics) simply because they seem like the standard go-to desert boot.

So to be different, I took a gamble with the J.Shoes Mojave 2 boots. I think they retail for $180ish, but i scored them on Amazon.com for $50 shipped! Just got delivered, and Quality/Leather seems to be great. What do you think?...

boots2.jpg

boots4.jpg

boot3.jpg

boots5.jpg

boots1.jpg

Sorry about the camera phone pics

highball

Reaction score
I would definitely rock those. If I wasn't going home right now to pick up my Doc's which just arrived, I would be sorely tempted.

How's the fit as compared to the standard Clarks? I find the Clarks to be well...'floppy,' for lack of a better word. They seem to fit strangely in the ankle as a result.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look good to me. what's that shiny object? a rivet? can it be removed?

WoodyStylee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highball
How's the fit as compared to the standard Clarks? I find the Clarks to be well...'floppy,' for lack of a better word. They seem to fit strangely in the ankle as a result.

The fit is true to size. I just walked around my apartment with them, but they fit very good and are comfortable so far. The ankle is a little higher than the Clarks, but it doesnt bother me.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
That little metal rivet ruins it form e

Trackstarr

Reaction score
i don't really like them but that's my preference

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine for 43 bucks in the brown. can't really complain about anything for that price.

VictorC

Reaction score
I dont really like the look of those. I prefer the look of clarks. Not saying they are bad though.

modual

Reaction score
Clarks are so much nicer and cant be beaten with a pair of lvc 47's.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks aside, these actually feel better than my clarks. more support around the ankle area. they seem to be of better quality.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They look fine. But they're not Clarks. Clarks are just so damned classic that it's hard to give any other desert boot much credence, I guess, unless the look is very comparable, as with the BR Saharas.

But these are certainly good looking on you, and seem to go well with jeans.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
They look fine. But they're not Clarks. Clarks are just so damned classic that it's hard to give any other desert boot much credence, I guess, unless the look is very comparable, as with the BR Saharas.

This is how I feel about it. If I want desert boots, I'll stick with Clarks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads