1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My new Logo - for your consideration

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stilmacher, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ohm

ohm Senior member

Different colors and remove the middle bottom button.

2. stilmacher

stilmacher Senior member

Whilst I am a bit upset no one participated in the poll I thank you all for your advise. Below you find an altered version.

[​IMG]

3. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

Whilst I am a bit upset no one participated in the poll I thank you all for your advise.

??

There are 23 poll responses.

4. stilmacher

stilmacher Senior member

I didn't realise I had to vote myself before I can see the poll result...

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Stilmacher,
    I like the colors now MUCH better, but the pin-cushion on top looks odd to me... like "Pinhead" from the Hellraiser series is going to be rising up out of your logo.

Also, is the secondary color lavender? If so, I wonder if you could make it more ecru/ivory or something to keep it from blending with the purple. And, perhaps the purple could be a little richer/darker? Like, less plum and more like the dark purple Asprey uses...

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Whilst I am a bit upset no one participated in the poll I thank you all for your advise. Below you find an altered version.
    Much better, though I also think the pin-cushion on-top looks a bit odd...

7. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Agreed on both counts.
    Much better.
    Drop the pin cushion.

8. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

My 2 cents:
    Better colors with the black /lavender. contrast helps
    Romove type from inside shield if you have to scale down image or the readability will diminish.
    Need two scissors or just one open?
    Like the pincushion

9. yoonie

yoonie Member

i think the logo would look much better if you took out either the purple or lavender, and then adjust the green to complement whichever shade you decide to keep.

10. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member

11. eric glennie

eric glennie Senior member

OMG! I love it! Do you want to sell the rights? Fits right in with my line ???

12. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

I don't like the logos. They seem clunky and inelegant. My favorite logo is the Brooks Brothers golden fleece. The Hickey Customized logo with a hand holding a needle and thread is a good one that gets the point across cleanly. I would consider something like a loom or needle and thread. [​IMG]

13. Skyler

Skyler Senior member

The colours are a bit Jokerish for my liking.

Yes, the "Jokerish" colors are definitely a no-go. However, the simplicity of the buttons and scissors are very expressive and work nicely... but not within the crest, which makes for a strange juxtaposition of the elegant and ironic.

Definitely a start though.

14. R-H

R-H Senior member

The new logo looks good but I would change these two points:

1) replace the colour purple with something more subdued (it has that 1994 minor league baseball expansion team logo vibe)
    2) get rid of the pin cushion (it looks like a human head with pins)

Otherwise I like it.

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

This isn't the best picture of it (there are more somewhere on the net, but I couldn't find one readily), but in terms of overall balance/shape/design and such, I find Gucci's new crest/logo to be quite interesting:

[​IMG]

16. rilian

rilian Senior member

I work in strategy, and when looking at a logo I must first ask the following questions:

- What type of products are you planning to sell (brands, used, types, etc.)
    - Who is your target market
    - What is your positioning strategy (what is your corporate identity, what do you stand for)
    - What is your branding strategy (how do you wish to be perceived by your clients)

I also work in strategy. Here's a couple of useful links from some friends of ours:

http://www.neutronllc.com/ideas/brand_positioning
    http://www.neutronllc.com/ideas/brand_messaging

17. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Seriously, it's not bad for a home-grown logo. You could use it.

That said, I don't like the 2 pairs of scissors crossing. You can make a cross with a single pair of scissors. Or you can cross the pair of scissors with something else.

I don't think the colors are particularly appealing.

I think you can simplify your logo, you don't need to have scissors, buttons, AND pins. I think you can use one of those as a main motif and get rid of the rest.

18. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

And this is the most damning criticism of all [​IMG]

19. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

This isn't the best picture of it (there are more somewhere on the net, but I couldn't find one readily), but in terms of overall balance/shape/design and such, I find Gucci's new crest/logo to be quite interesting: [​IMG]
    Isn't that the original crest? As for the pincushion, I think a different scheme, a pincushion could be interesting as a kind of logo. I recently saw an Otl Aicher poster of a German heraldic crest that was exceptionally well-done. I think it was done for the 1972 Munich Olympics, which was one of his legendary commissions.

20. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

There's the kicker right there