My new Logo - for your consideration

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stilmacher, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

I don't love it. The crisscrossed scissors are too confusing and the buttons seem slapped on there randomly. In fact, I don't really like the positioning of any of the little icons... shouldn't each be contained within a particular quadrant?

Have you tried looking at what the coat of arms for a tailor back in antiquity would have actually looked like, err, or what sort of things on a coat of arms would have signified tailoring or other craft trades? Or just researching coats-of-arms in general for some hints? (A quick wikipedia search turns up all kinds of interesting things that may be useful.) Since you're appropriating a traditional symbol for marketing use I think you should try to respect the tradition. Doubly so if you're selling tailored clothes and/or dress shoes, which are heavily steeped in tradition themselves. Also, by following the "rules" a bit more you might find that the logo will stand the test of time better, in that it will be based on something that has already aged well, and not based on your fleeting photoshop whims.

ALL THAT SAID

I don't select my online vendors based on how pretty their logos are. A clean, uncluttered website and ease of navigation are my chief "aesthetic" concerns when shopping online. And of course, the value, customer service, and merchandise are paramount.

2. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

I think revising the colour combination would be in order. Correct me if I am wrong but given the coat of arms motif and the products you sell, you want to convey a message of timeless elegance, history, professionalism, commitment to quality and value and the the dedication to a sartorial ethic. However, the colour scheme works against that by being too whimsical. If the members of SF are the target audience then you can see that, most of all, your colours do not grab them. Will someone not buy your wares because of your logo? Most likely not but you do seek their counsel and provide your opinion on other forum issues so use the feedback to your advantage. A good start though IMHO.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

The logo's fine, imo... but it doesn't seem to convey the message of "Heritage" if you know what I mean.

4. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member

You should include a tapemeasure and some needles. And I don't like the color combination.

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

^I'm with several of the others... the design seems okay, but the colors aren't working for me. That shade of green is tough to make look "luxe," I think. Purple isn't bad, but I'd still search for a better or more neutral color combo.

6. ohm

ohm Senior member

Different colors and remove the middle bottom button.

7. stilmacher

stilmacher Senior member

Whilst I am a bit upset no one participated in the poll I thank you all for your advise. Below you find an altered version.

[​IMG]

8. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Whilst I am a bit upset no one participated in the poll I thank you all for your advise.

??

There are 23 poll responses.

9. stilmacher

stilmacher Senior member

I didn't realise I had to vote myself before I can see the poll result...

10. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Stilmacher,
    I like the colors now MUCH better, but the pin-cushion on top looks odd to me... like "Pinhead" from the Hellraiser series is going to be rising up out of your logo.

Also, is the secondary color lavender? If so, I wonder if you could make it more ecru/ivory or something to keep it from blending with the purple. And, perhaps the purple could be a little richer/darker? Like, less plum and more like the dark purple Asprey uses...

11. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Whilst I am a bit upset no one participated in the poll I thank you all for your advise. Below you find an altered version.
    Much better, though I also think the pin-cushion on-top looks a bit odd...

12. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Agreed on both counts.
    Much better.
    Drop the pin cushion.

13. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

My 2 cents:
    Better colors with the black /lavender. contrast helps
    Romove type from inside shield if you have to scale down image or the readability will diminish.
    Need two scissors or just one open?
    Like the pincushion

14. yoonie

yoonie Member

i think the logo would look much better if you took out either the purple or lavender, and then adjust the green to complement whichever shade you decide to keep.

15. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member