• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new John Lobb Beckett's

crwecko

Reaction score
I have some bad news you guys... I wore them for the first time today and my left foot was slipping a bit. After walking a few blocks my heal starting pinching me and it started hurting really badly and after a couple more blocks it felt as if the heal of the shoe was a sharp knife or needle that was peircing me with every step. I ended up getting some sticky pads for the heal but although my feet didn't sleep it didnt stop pinching and the pain got worse. I dont know how I got home and I only walked a few blocks but my the heal of my foot has blisters. The rest of my foot was sooo comfy in the shoes but I noticed that on JLs the heal goes into a point in the heal. It was perhaps the most painful experiance of my life.

What do I do? Will I eventually wear them in or should I not wear them and just sell them? I know that many of you might be interested in buying them but I would want to keep them if I can because the condition is so excellent.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
joker.gif

juniper

Reaction score
Persevere. People who say well-fitting new shoes never hurt them are just lucky.

SIYBIN

Reaction score
Further to the query on the Church's shop opening hours:
Mon - Fri 9.30am - 4.30pm
Sat 9.30am - 2pm

It is, without doubt, the best stocked & staffed factory shop in Northampton.
Lots of stock in lots of sizes (not just what's out - if they have a style you like, but not in your size they can often find extra stock in the storeroom).
The regular staff are also very knowledgeable & helpful.

It's just a shame for me that I prefer the shoes at C&J (Fri 2pm-5.30pm Sat 9.30am-1.30pm)
.........the limited opening hours mean that Friday afternoon often resembles a rugby scrum & the staff are usually preoccupied with crowd control.
If it's not out on display in your size, then don't even think about asking if it's available in any other sizes!!

FrankH

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kingstonian
Thanks FrankH. Have you changed a letter from AAAC ?
Leatherman knows a lot on Churchs too, but I don't think he uses the factory shop.
I fancy a pair of Strattons in appalorse leather but they are a wide shoe and I would want to try them on to see they were a close enough fit to avoid excessive creasing.

Yes it's me, Franko, the name has already been blagged by some bar, ba, b, body here.
Leatherman has been to the shop I think
For your preference, I suggest that you phone the shop, quite suprising sometimes the stock they hold, even some crup/cordovan, remember to state WIDE, all these companies have different ideas on the length of an inch and how the alphabet works.

CRWECKO.
Sorry to subvert your thread.
Maybe too premature for sympathy, I think you should phone the shop, if it is not a breaking - in thing I strongly suspect they will be helpful.

SIYBIN and anyone else going to Northampton, don't forget Trickers factory shop, good shop with no parking issues and many of the shoes are great at keen prices, slipped onto your feet by the ever lovely David.

crwecko

Reaction score
I got blisters at the heal of my feat where the back was cutting in
frown.gif
... I hope after the blisters heal I can start wearing them again and eventually I will develop calluses in the area and can wear them everyday...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crwecko
I got blisters at the heal of my feat where the back was cutting in
frown.gif
... I hope after the blisters heal I can start wearing them again and eventually I will develop calluses in the area and can wear them everyday...

That shouldn't happen. Are your heels sliding out of them - are they too big?

Edit: sorry, I didn't see your post above. I don't think that you should modify your body (e.g. hope to develop hard skin) in order to accomodate clothes. The clothes should fit you, not the other way around.

crwecko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
That shouldn't happen. Are your heels sliding out of them - are they too big?

Edit: sorry, I didn't see your post above. I don't think that you should modify your body (e.g. hope to develop hard skin) in order to accomodate clothes. The clothes should fit you, not the other way around.

Well the left one is a bit big but the right one fits just right. I think it's becuase my right foot is a 9 and my left foot is an 8 1/2 and the shoes are a 9. Actually though the foot that WASNT sliding was the one that got the worst blister. When I tried on the 8 1/2 I couldnt walk at all it was so tight at the back. I put some cushions at the back that are supposed to keep it from slipping and they do keep it from slipping but it becomes even more painful with that. The rest of the foot is extremely comfy but it's just the heal part of it that ends at a sort of point and cuts in. Will this go away eventually? I mean shoes ussualy take a while to break in dont they?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this your first shoe purchase, ever? they shouldn't do that, but you sound like a glutton for punishment, so carry on with it. let us know how it goes

crwecko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Is this your first shoe purchase, ever? they shouldn't do that, but you sound like a glutton for punishment, so carry on with it. let us know how it goes

No I have purchased shoes before and they ussually do this... The difference is I ussually get blisters all over my feet but on these I only got them at the heal. The problem is that my feet are really wide and have no arch. Maybe the bone on the back of my feet is deformed? I got the size 9 even though 8 1/2 is my true size because the 8 1/2 were too tight and unbearable to walk in.

I am afraid to wear them again because I wont be able to sell them if I wear them too much and they end up not working for me. I have only worn them once so far and that's why I have a chance of selling them if I dont want to risk it.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you get the proper width when you buy shoes?

crwecko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
do you get the proper width when you buy shoes?

Ussualy shoes I like only come in one width. This shoe I got in an E as there wasnt an EE in that style available. Most shoes fit rather narrow. Ferragamo I cant even wear in a 9 much less an 8 1/2. I dont know how that would affect the heal though as my feet are quite comfy inside the shoe and it's only at the back that it pinches as it comes to a point there.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Hello,

congrats to the shoes!

In italy are outlets, too.

Other shoe trees will work. I am rotating the different trees to find out which pair fits best.

And where are the outlets please? Which brands!
bounce2.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your feet are different sizes, sounds like you need bespoke
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads