• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new JL Chapels..How did I do?

bjm

Reaction score
just bought these on flea bay..for 450 GBP ($670 approx). They are 9.5 uk which hopefully will fit my 10.5 US foot. Hopefully they are not too tight on the width like some Berluti's I tried on recently. They are factory rejects marked (R) but look stunning to me from pics. Good deal/ok deal/bad deal? Comments? Thanks. Brian

Eagle

Reaction score
...an absolutely gorgeous pair of double monk-straps. Your pictures have me salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs!
wink.gif

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Enjoy them. They're great shoes.

You got them for a reasonable/okay price.

bjm

Reaction score
Thanks, its Brown Museum Calf I believe.

Originally Posted by hadamulletonce
Great looking shoes. Love the color.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful depth to the finish

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You did very well. They're lovely shoes. When I brought up the first picture, I thought that they were probably in the Lobb Plum Museum Calf. I have a pair of Chapels in that shade, and, believe me, the color is stunning. However, they may be in Lobb's Dark Brown Museum Calf--which is equally stunning. I really like the Museum Calf treatment that Lobb uses, with the antiquing effects occurring in the tanning process (as with the beautiful Radica Calf that Martegani uses). I think you may be in luck size-wise. I have a true 9.5 US foot, and all Lobb UK 8.5s fit very well, so I think that the UK 9.5s you ordered will work on your US 10.5 foot. You'll love these.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there could have been a downside here just even from the thread title! (unless you overpaid, which you don't appear to have). Terrific. The forum continues to weaken my resolve against monks.....

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
just bought these on flea bay..for 450 GBP ($670 approx). They are 9.5 uk which hopefully will fit my 10.5 US foot. Hopefully they are not too tight on the width like some Berluti's I tried on recently. They are factory rejects marked (R) but look stunning to me from pics. Good deal/ok deal/bad deal? Comments? Thanks. Brian

if you are a full on 10.5 US foot , the 9.5 E UK will be a nice snug fit.

the JLs run a bit larger (or looser) on their monks and loafers in that last

bjm

Reaction score
Thanks Roger,

Yes the coloring on these sealed the deal....they were calling out to me...I could have bought plain black but they were not calling me in the same way..LOL. I will be thrilled if they fit properly, this was a spur of the moment purchase..not a lot of thought went in..LOL. ANyhow if they dont fit I try and sell them here for what I paid.
Brian

Originally Posted by Roger
You did very well. They're lovely shoes. When I brought up the first picture, I thought that they were probably in the Lobb Plum Museum Calf. I have a pair of Chapels in that shade, and, believe me, the color is stunning. However, they may be in Lobb's Dark Brown Museum Calf--which is equally stunning. I really like the Museum Calf treatment that Lobb uses, with the antiquing effects occurring in the tanning process (as with the beautiful Radica Calf that Martegani uses). I think you may be in luck size-wise. I have a true 9.5 US foot, and all Lobb UK 8.5s fit very well, so I think that the UK 9.5s you ordered will work on your US 10.5 foot. You'll love these.

bjm

Reaction score
you might be right looking again I do think they are the dark brown museum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads