• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Glaser Flaptop Briefcase Bag in Espresso Calfskin

rilian

Reaction score
I just picked up my brand new Glaser A4 Flaptop bag yesterday. And I'm in love.

The bag is made in Espresso calfskin leather. I ordered it on October 24, and it was completed yesterday on November 21. Much quicker than estimated. Total price before tax was $1,456. I believe the normal pricing for their A4 flaptop in regular leather is about $900.

After a night of use, I took some pics this morning for you. I can't wait for it to age over time. Check it out:

glaser1.jpg

glaser2.jpg

glaser3.jpg

glaser4.jpg

glaser5.jpg

glaser6.jpg

glaser7.jpg

glaser8.jpg

glaser9.jpg

glaser10.jpg

glaser11.jpg

glaser12.jpg

glaser13.jpg

glaser14.jpg

Special thanks to Kari, Myron, and Eli at Glaser Designs for fantastic craftsmanship and work.

highball

Reaction score
drool.gif

There's no way I could justify the expense in this economy, but I am severely tempted.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats and great pics

the quality of Glaser bags can really only be experienced firsthand

only real heirloom leather pieces still produced anywhere

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.
Very nice.
(I like everything but the embossed label.)

rilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highball
drool.gif

There's no way I could justify the expense in this economy, but I am severely tempted.

I know what you mean. Just think though, it'll last through this sour economy, and many more to come.

athletics

Reaction score
I love the color and the texture. This will be a great bag for the rest of your life. And the design is great with some very nice touches, classic and modern.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Very nice bag! I'm very tempted to get one of their large work totes and am thinking of doing that after the new year. I've talked with Mrs. Glaser over the phone and she's a very nice and helpful lady. They seem like very nice people with whom to do business.

Glad to see SF supporting them! Now, I just have to start making a lot more money so I can support April in Paris AND Glaser...

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
what a great looking bag, tons of room without looking overstuffed. Love the Expresso calfskin.

Dob

Reaction score
May I ask how the Glaser is holding up? Am curious how this color ages. Thanks!

emptym

Reaction score
Gorgeous and should last generations. Thanks for the pics.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Will just posted about a visit to Glaser (just a couple of days ago). I'm looking forward to following that story. For something like a business bag, that I will use virtually EVERY day, I'm more likely to splurge as I get to enjoy it so frequently. Years ago I thought Tumi prices were splurges
frown.gif

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's not been active on the site since November last year.

Originally Posted by Dob
May I ask how the Glaser is holding up? Am curious how this color ages. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads