• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My New Glaser Flaptop Briefcase Bag in Espresso Calfskin

rilian

Reaction score
I just picked up my brand new Glaser A4 Flaptop bag yesterday. And I'm in love.

The bag is made in Espresso calfskin leather. I ordered it on October 24, and it was completed yesterday on November 21. Much quicker than estimated. Total price before tax was $1,456. I believe the normal pricing for their A4 flaptop in regular leather is about $900.

After a night of use, I took some pics this morning for you. I can't wait for it to age over time. Check it out:

Special thanks to Kari, Myron, and Eli at Glaser Designs for fantastic craftsmanship and work.

highball

Reaction score

There's no way I could justify the expense in this economy, but I am severely tempted.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats and great pics

the quality of Glaser bags can really only be experienced firsthand

only real heirloom leather pieces still produced anywhere

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.
Very nice.
(I like everything but the embossed label.)

rilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highball

There's no way I could justify the expense in this economy, but I am severely tempted.

I know what you mean. Just think though, it'll last through this sour economy, and many more to come.

athletics

Reaction score
I love the color and the texture. This will be a great bag for the rest of your life. And the design is great with some very nice touches, classic and modern.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Very nice bag! I'm very tempted to get one of their large work totes and am thinking of doing that after the new year. I've talked with Mrs. Glaser over the phone and she's a very nice and helpful lady. They seem like very nice people with whom to do business.

Glad to see SF supporting them! Now, I just have to start making a lot more money so I can support April in Paris AND Glaser...

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
what a great looking bag, tons of room without looking overstuffed. Love the Expresso calfskin.

Dob

Reaction score
May I ask how the Glaser is holding up? Am curious how this color ages. Thanks!

emptym

Reaction score
Gorgeous and should last generations. Thanks for the pics.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Will just posted about a visit to Glaser (just a couple of days ago). I'm looking forward to following that story. For something like a business bag, that I will use virtually EVERY day, I'm more likely to splurge as I get to enjoy it so frequently. Years ago I thought Tumi prices were splurges

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's not been active on the site since November last year.

Originally Posted by Dob
May I ask how the Glaser is holding up? Am curious how this color ages. Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 273 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40