Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My new F430

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by zjpj83, Aug 13, 2006.

1. visionology

visionology Senior member

This is a video of the F430 Challenge: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-yUqdS_tw...h=fifth%20gear

Oh wow that thing just looks so mean. If I owned a F430 (big if) I would be seeing if I could get ahold of a similar body panel kit from ferrari similar to the Challenge. Even the wheels are great.

First time I saw the 360 Stradale was an Italian restaurant owner's car in the SoHo area and left my jaw open.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Z,

I can understand where Ferrari is coming from, but in all honesty, the 599 is much less of a GT car than the 575 was. The 575 truly was a grand GT car, with its sweeping long hood and its massive V12, and enough room behind the driver / trunk for all the fitted luggage you’ll need to make a grand driving tour of Europe. Whereas the 599 is a GP car: stout, vicious and wholly lacking in any unnecessary room. It’s a car that designed to go from street to track to street again without any problems. The 575 wasn’t designed for that. Nor is the 612 for that matter (plus it’s a 2+2, hardly the ideal track car).

It’s fine that Ferrari did away with 2 GT cars in their lineup and instead opted for a 2+2 GT and a GP car, but as long as they were making a GP car, why couldn’t they make it mid-engine, the way it’s supposed to be?

Jon.

3. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

It speaks volumes about the SF when I note that there hasn't been a single comment along the lines of "my Mustang GT/Saleen/Blah-blah does 0-60 is faster than . . ."

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

It speaks volumes about the SF when I note that there hasn't been a single comment along the lines of "my Mustang GT/Saleen/Blah-blah does 0-60 is faster than . . ."

LOL!
    Well, any old buffoon can stick a huge engine in a live-axled old codgermobile and make it go fast. But zip's new flash ride is balanced and apparently can take corners [​IMG]
    Plus look at all that beautifully stitched dead cow epidermis inside.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

haha, I got leather headliner and rear shelf too. The whole interior is leather except for some carbon fiber bits. The smell is really nice [​IMG] And yes, it takes corners very nicely

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

haha, I got leather headliner and rear shelf too. The whole interior is leather except for some carbon fiber bits. The smell is really nice [​IMG] And yes, it takes corners very nicely

Probably smells like the souvenir shops back home in Limassol - well, minus the cigarette smoke (unless you are a smoker) [​IMG]

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Just give me 10 years man... and I'll have a cooler car

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Just give me 10 years man... and I'll have a cooler car

I don't know, I'm a pretty knowledgeable car guy (granted, Z beats me senselessly when it comes to Ferrari's...) and I personally think the F430 is the best car Ferrari makes, indeed the coolest car Ferrari makes, and is actually the "˜truest' Ferrari made today, its both a road car that can be raced, just like the company itself: Enzo built road cars to finance the race team, thus the F430 is a road car, but it can always go to the track and race like a bat out of hell.

And no, I don't think the Enzo is cooler than the F430.

Jon.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Perhaps a vintage one like a practical 250GTE.

10. briancl

briancl Senior member

And yes, it takes corners very nicely

But until you put it on a track, you'll only know it can corner from what you've seen on Top Gear. Get it out there, man!

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

But until you put it on a track, you'll only know it can corner from what you've seen on Top Gear. Get it out there, man!

Don't tempt him! Damn it! He has to break it in first. Sigh...

Jon.

12. briancl

briancl Senior member

Don't tempt him! Damn it! He has to break it in first. Sigh...

Jon.

I don't understand how it could be possible to own the car for this long and not have broken it in yet. What is the break-in period, 1200 miles?

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I don't understand how it could be possible to own the car for this long and not have broken it in yet. What is the break-in period, 1200 miles?

How long has he owned the car? Plus I think he spends most of the time in the city, thus no driving. How many miles do you think the average Ferrari owner put son their cars anyways? I bet you it's a hell of a lot less than 12,000.

Jon.

14. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Like being INSIDE a cow, eh! Now that's luxury!! [​IMG]

15. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Oh wow that thing just looks so mean. If I owned a F430 (big if) I would be seeing if I could get ahold of a similar body panel kit from ferrari similar to the Challenge. Even the wheels are great.

First time I saw the 360 Stradale was an Italian restaurant owner's car in the SoHo area and left my jaw open.

"It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."