• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New DIY Belt

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Made it myself; cut, burnished, and finished last night.
I made it so that it only has one hole because its juuuust my size.

I also dyed one and am waiting for it to dry, and will post pics if wanted.

Sorry for the low image quality.

officeboy

Reaction score
Can we see how you attached the buckle, and where did you get your supplies from, I've remade/resized a few belts and would love to try my hand at making one.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
Can we see how you attached the buckle, and where did you get your supplies from, I've remade/resized a few belts and would love to try my hand at making one.

This is my second"”the first was snaps, this one was rivets. Ill try to post photos when Im doing the next one. Supplies were difficult to get at good prices, so I went to a bunch of places, including various local hardware stores.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, plus profit?! ;p I would pay shipping charges, and whatever profit margin you like, within general!

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Here is one with a dark tan dye. It's still uncut and had no holes because I dont know who wants it/it's going to.

Let me know what you think!

officeboy

Reaction score
Very nice, you should do a little write up/pictorial.. Where you got things from, how you did it. This is a nice DIY project.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
I wanted to, but I tend to do my work at night haha, when the lighting isnt great for photographs. In a few days I may have time during the day. Regardless, I'd love opinions on the final products.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's a nice job. I prefer the dyed one and not crazy about the very utilitarian buckles but you've done well there and they might go well with jeans and chinos.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
Im having difficulty choosing buckles. But they do look good with jeans, especially dark or gray denim. If anybody has annyyyy leather-dying or treating techniques or tips, or critique of my belt, that would be really appreciated. Its a great project that Im having a lot of fun with.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotoriousMarquis
Im having difficulty choosing buckles. But they do look good with jeans, especially dark or gray denim. If anybody has annyyyy leather-dying or treating techniques or tips, or critique of my belt, that would be really appreciated. Its a great project that Im having a lot of fun with.
This antiquing thread probably has some good info on dyeing the leather.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice job.

Zissou over on SW&D does a nice line in handmade jeans belts (I bought a couple from him) - I know he's made a one hole belt for himself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads