• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Bontoni shoes; perhaps to be my wedding shoes? (with pics)

malat

Reaction score
I'm getting married soon and visited Wilkes Bashford not too long ago to pick up my suit and a pair of chocolate Gravati wingtips to wear on wedding day. I loved these so much that I bought them too, and, as you can tell by the creases, I've been wearing them a lot around the house in an effort to convince myself that I should wear these on wedding day instead.
smile.gif
It's hard to capture the antiquing and the color by camera. They are a little less red and more brown than the first few, and though the last picture (without flash) is more true, the shoes are a bit more rich in color in person. Even more so than the styling, they incredibly comfortable.

Anyone have any tips on how to maintain the antiquing, as I understand Bontoni are typically hand rubbed rather than dyed?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
spectacular shoes!!! Ive been eyeing those for awhile now...one day ill pull the trigger.
wink.gif

Congrats on the wedding as well!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bontoni makes a nice shoe. What color is your suit? You would be better off with your darker, Gravatis, in any event.

malat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Bontoni makes a nice shoe. What color is your suit? You would be better off with your darker, Gravatis, in any event.

Thanks for the compliments!

For anyone not close enough to shake my hand, the suit is mostly a shade down from mid-gray, not nearly as dark as charcoal but not quite light to mid gray either. When up close, one will notice it is a very subtle almost unnoticeable glen-plaid fabric that adds a bit of texture and sheen. I'll post pictures when the final alterations are done. I probably will wear the darker Gravatis, though I will bring the Bontonis with me because they are so killer.
smile.gif

southbound35

Reaction score
Abysmally unattractive shoes. Fortunately for you, (based on the sole stamp) they're my size and I will reluctantly take them off your hands. PM for shipping details.
wink.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bontonis are mighty fine looking shoes in general, to judge from the few I've seen. However, unless it's a very casual wedding, I wonder if the color might be a bit "off." I just think black might be more appropriate for the formality of the occasion.

malat

Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes. Only a couple more weeks to go...!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads