• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Apartment

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the brick wall. Those floors look awfully cold though. Enjoy your new place!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It's just aluminum diamond plate...the same stuff they use in truck beds and tool cases. You can buy sheets and it and a carpenter can blue and screw it to the floor.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Those floors look awfully cold though. Enjoy your new place!

As much as marble would be.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
It's just aluminum diamond plate...the same stuff they use in truck beds and tool cases. You can buy sheets and it and a carpenter can blue and screw it to the floor.

Yup, I know exactly what is and even installed some in a laundry room backsplash once.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Was in response to dkzzzz.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. I'd forgotten what studio-living was like. I would have gone with wood floors myself, but you've got a pretty cool place there.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

May I ask where one would source aluminum diamond plate sheets? They don't have them at HomeDepot I suppose
smile.gif

Are these aluminum sheets welded togeather, that is what you meant by "blue"?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

smentz

Reaction score
hey man, sweet place. love the xposed brick, its what i got in boston and it feels and looks amazing. any hint as to what the place costs ya? renting or owning, and total damage for the project?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
Have you ever seen the '80's book, High Tech?

Pretty much the early bible of the high-tech movement.

Sartorian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Don't you think that after "Black Square" by Malevich all minimalists just beating a dead horse?
smile.gif
))

Just a quick note: Malevich was a 'suprematist' with some seriously deep thoughts on art; just an example: http://www.connectedinternet.co.uk/2...tags-and-more/

Minimalism was a 60s/70s sculpture/conceptual movement led by Donald Judd, Richard Smithson (sp?) et. al. They were actually very politically motivated artists, though taken out of context now, most people just think it's junk.

Sometimes, you need the text and all the written blabbing to understand what made work come about in its time. Though it may look ridiculous today, at one time, it made a statement that informed the culture of its day. That's often the worth of art--as artifact of cultural movements and ideas.

The odd thing is that much of the early abstract art has been coopted by and absorbed into the most mainstream advertising aesthetics, to where it strikes no one living today as being anything other than decorative. The 'look' or 'style' divorced from its historical context becomes nothing more than packaging, and thus becomes banal and mundane to us. So, for example, you pick up a Mead Trapper Keeper and it's covered with kitschy printed images of squares and triangles, and you have no concept that an image like that at one time looked unique. Same goes for Jackson Pollock, or Miro, Dali, etc.

I love art, even when I hate it. Better to have stuff you hate than none at all.

Socal, nice project you have going. And having many friends who are married, I don't think there's anything wrong with guest books.

Carry on
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads