1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

My neighbor's new car:

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by imageWIS, Nov 19, 2009.

1. hws

hws Senior member

what do you drive and why and if you could post pics, that would be helpful.
    In this moment I drive A4, I do this happy because no money for this is of my pocket!

2. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

The Maserati is a POS that black guys like to rap about and the Cayenne is another ugly Porsche that is meant to boost sales to people who don't know anything about cars and just want a "Porsche" SUV.

If I were the guy I'd replace the Maserati with an M3 and the Cayenne with a G55 or maybe even a Range Rover (not a Range Rover Sport).

What the hell are you talking about HAHA

I'll be filming over at Gotham Dream Car tomorrow. They have both the 4 door and the Gran Turismo. However I just don't like the ones they have. Another friend of mine was detailing a white Gran Turismo and brought it by my place a few months back. That looked amazing.

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

The Avants are true wagons not crossovers. Unfortunately, people in US prefer car based SUVs to wagons, even high performance wagons, hence most Audi Avants are no longer sold here. They are very popular in Europe. Audi also makes "Allroad" models with higher ground clearance and adjustable suspension but again they are no longer sold in US.
    [​IMG] I've been planning on a Audi avant for our next practical car, but at this rate I'll probably have to go with the Volvo wagon.

4. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

The Maserati is a POS that black guys like to rap about and the Cayenne is another ugly Porsche that is meant to boost sales to people who don't know anything about cars and just want a "Porsche" SUV.

If I were the guy I'd replace the Maserati with an M3 and the Cayenne with a G55 or maybe even a Range Rover (not a Range Rover Sport).

I will tell my neighbor about your comments[​IMG]

Here's another of his cars. I hope it meets your standards:

[​IMG]

On a serious note. He's a great guy and I was startled to find out he's engaged in workouts with Wells Fargo. He owns a lot of Houston shopping centers and was extremely wealthy at one time. Leverage can be a beast.

For those of you that are young be prepared for an adventurous few years.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

This is probably the worse comparison of car models I've seen in a long time.

6. Albern

Albern Senior member

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morn
    Well, that Porsche isn't even a Turbo or GT2. If he was so inclined to go the naturally aspirated route it should have been no less than a GT3. Small timer...[​IMG]

But in all seriousness how large is this guy's fleet?

Any insights / lessons into your last comment about young professionals from either yourself or your neighbour's experiences?

7. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Well, that Porsche isn't even a Turbo or GT2. If he was so inclined to go the naturally aspirated route it should have been no less than a GT3. Small timer...[​IMG]

But in all seriousness how large is this guy's fleet?

Any insights / lessons into your last comment about young professionals from either yourself or your neighbour's experiences?

Only comment I would make is to not get very highly leveraged unless you are a risk taker and/or prepared to suffer the consequences if things go South.

8. ninetofivereject

ninetofivereject Senior member

I don't understand all the Maserati love around here. Their cars do little to nothing for me.

drive one then you will understand

9. ninetofivereject

ps if those were my cars and you got that close with a camera...well bang bang lol.
    on a side note whats up with all the criticising of the guys fleet.like the saying goes "DONT HATE.APPRECIATE"
    the guy obviously knows what hes doing has great taste and hes mixing it up,at least hes not a douche like seinfeld who owns the same fucking cars (911 turbo) in what 14 different colors?
    the man is obviously enjoying a lil bit of eveything each manufacturer has to offer.good for him.and those criticising get back in your Hondas or Camrys

10. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

the guy obviously knows what hes doing has great taste and hes mixing it up,at least hes not a douche like seinfeld who owns the same fucking cars (911 turbo) in what 14 different colors?
    Rule: Anyone who owns a 959, could never be considered a douche.

11. ninetofivereject

"a 959" i agree,but like 14 all in different colors thats the very definition of douche

12. Confucius

Confucius Senior member

If I had cars like that I wouldn't just be parking them in my driveway (and I'd have a much nicer house!)

I think he has great taste in wheels

13. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

If I had cars like that I wouldn't just be parking them in my driveway (and I'd have a much nicer house!)

Some spend it on cars, some on homes, some on both and many others on all sorts of things.

My neighbor calls me UTR ( Under the radar ) because I drive an old piece of shit.

But there are reasons why I do this.

I knew a man who was mega wealthy and drove new Ford LTDs.

What did he do with his money?

He endowed a very large number of scholarships at his alma mater.

And he was one heck of a guy. It gave him much more pleasure to see a kid who otherwise wouldn't have had a chance, become a Doctor or Lawyer. Different strokes for different folks.

Priorities change too, as you get older. At least IMO.

14. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

who the fuck spends over a million dollars on cars and leaves them to rot out on a driveway. it's called a garage

15. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

who the fuck spends over a million dollars on cars and leaves them to rot out on a driveway. it's called a garage

Duh, he does park a couple in the garage of course. But I can see why he doesn't want to be photographed nor have his garage or license plates photographed.

Neither would I, would you?

16. Albern

Albern Senior member

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morn
    Only comment I would make is to not get very highly leveraged unless you are a risk taker and/or prepared to suffer the consequences if things go South.

Thanks!!

Some spend it on cars, some on homes, some on both and many others on all sorts of things.

My neighbor calls me UTR ( Under the radar ) because I drive an old piece of shit.

But there are reasons why I do this.

I knew a man who was mega wealthy and drove new Ford LTDs.

What did he do with his money?

He endowed a very large number of scholarships at his alma mater.

And he was one heck of a guy. It gave him much more pleasure to see a kid who otherwise wouldn't have had a chance, become a Doctor or Lawyer. Different strokes for different folks.

Priorities change too, as you get older. At least IMO.

This is a very good too. I think it's called the Warren Buffett approach.

So I guess you'll photograph the Ferrari(s) when it's their turn outside. There is a Bentley too right?

17. Alias

Alias Senior member

ps if those were my cars and you got that close with a camera...well bang bang lol.
    on a side note whats up with all the criticising of the guys fleet.like the saying goes "DONT HATE.APPRECIATE"
    the man is obviously enjoying a lil bit of eveything each manufacturer has to offer.good for him.and those criticising get back in your Hondas or Camrys

What the hell are you talking about? We're poking fun at his fleet because that's what this thread started out as. Try again internet tough guy

18. hws

hws Senior member

Already I know one exception of this rule, Bill Gates is suprême douche!

19. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Senior member

I will tell my neighbor about your comments[​IMG] Here's another of his cars. I hope it meets your standards:
    And I'm sure he'd be happy to know you've been secretly filming his life and family... and then posting them on the internet.

20. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

And I'm sure he'd be happy to know you've been secretly filming his life and family... and then posting them on the internet.

Another internet tough guy. Bravo!!!

It's probably the high point of your day.

Can you read? Did you see where I was talking to him about business and workouts with Wells Fargo!

Did it ever occur to you that neither he nor I would want to be photographed with our cars ( though I did photograph myself in a friends Duesenberg ).

Be very careful!!!! I can track you down through your IPO and it's possible to secretly film your fleet of cars and your family. Don't jerk off though. That would be very messy to secretly film and post on the internet.

You've also ruined it for others. Yes, he really does have Ferraris and Bentleys. But I'm not going to post pictures of them ( though he had no problem with it, as long as the license plate was not shown and he was not photographed ).