• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

My Morning Six Pack

TheD0n

Reaction score
The definition in my abs peaks right when I wake up, and by evening is diminished greatly. This inevitably leads to a 25-second mirror delay before I get into the shower. Maybe the greater definition is due to dehydration in the morning.

Dw3610wm

Reaction score
You have questioned and answered yourself correctly.

TheD0n

Reaction score
At least my abs look good when I'm hungover.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
im actually reverse of what you experience. when i have a washboard stomach (i never had a six pack but 4 pack, or well-defined though) the look of definition is greater in the morning for me. dont know what it is, like you say maybe dehydration over night, but my body looks ttighter in the mornin

edit, oops i meant i m experiencing same as you.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
my morning six pack usually says budweiser on it.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would imagine the overnight fast also contributes.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread delivered something entirely different than what I was expecting(hoping).

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by burningbright
This thread delivered something entirely different than what I was expecting(hoping).

Oh, you want pics?

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it could also be a more erect spine in the morning, unlike the evening when it is compressed because of standing/sitting all day (reducing some people's height by as much as inch). For me, my stomach is noticeably flatter in the morning.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Svenn
it could also be a more erect spine in the morning, unlike the evening when it is compressed because of standing/sitting all day (reducing some people's height by as much as inch). For me, my stomach is noticeably flatter in the morning.

If I lie down all day will I be taller? This is a serious question. I don't mean, forever, I just mean will I be taller for, lets say, an hour after I get up?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As soon as you wake up in the morning jump on the scale. Then jump on the scale later in the day (afternoon, night, whenever). Compare the numbers. I'm usually 3 pounds lighter without fail first thing in the morning compared to later in the day.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
If I lie down all day will I be taller? This is a serious question. I don't mean, forever, I just mean will I be taller for, lets say, an hour after I get up?

I guess it takes some time for your spinal discs to compress again... how long though, I have no idea. I'd also wager that your height difference (morning vs. evening) is negligible. But basically, yes.

Originally Posted by BDC2823
As soon as you wake up in the morning jump on the scale. Then jump on the scale later in the day (afternoon, night, whenever). Compare the numbers. I'm usually 3 pounds lighter without fail first thing in the morning compared to later in the day.

Yeah, I usually get the same type of weight fluctuations and even more. Hydration, the amount of food and stool and all that usually makes up for that.

TheD0n

Reaction score
When I wake up my abs are so defnied that motivates me to exercise in order to look that good at night - when it really matters.

(Sorry for not letting this thread die)

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheD0n
The definition in my abs peaks right when I wake up, and by evening is diminished greatly. This inevitably leads to a 25-second mirror delay before I get into the shower. Maybe the greater definition is due to dehydration in the morning.

Dude, I'm in the same boat. I also tend to look my best when hungover, which is fucking weird. I mean, not just my abs, but my face as well. I just look very rugged and manly and resemble a young Brad Pitt. Sometimes, when I wake up hungover, I pause to admire myself in the mirror for a good minute and a half.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.