• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My mom passed...please read

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's always difficult when it comes to suicide because, unfortunately, I never know what to say and I suppose I could say "I'm sorry" but I'm not even sure what that means. However gabby, fortunately, it seems like you're a mature and wise person and you're handling it well. I have known people in similar situations and everyone acts/handles it differently, I am just glad that you're doing okay.

Buddy

Reaction score
I have lost everyone that ever meant anything to me (father, older brother, stepfather, mother, etc.) . . . and these at an abnormally young age.

Honestly however, in my experience, there is no emotional pain greater than putting down a faithful, aging dog.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's more confusing--1.) that Buddy, member for 20 months with 9 posts to his name, chose this thread to weigh in with his 10th?

2.) That he did so a month after this thread had mercifully faded into the back pages?

3.) That when he did post and revive it, he compared the death of loved people to a dog?

I can't decide, so help me out?

PS - Do you think Buddy actively searched the forum for an appropriate thread in which to deliver his thoughts, and settled on this one? And is that a candidate to be added to my list above?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
3.) That when he did post and revive it, he compared the death of loved people to a dog?

I think that might be because he said he lost the loved people at an abnormally young age. Maybe an age young enough that he didn't really understand the emotional importance of losing them. Losing the dog as an emotionally mature adult, he was able to understand the importance of loss through death.

But I'm kinda stupid, so factor that in too.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn't asking for your explanation, I was asking for your vote.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All the necroposting going on around here was annoying.
Then it got sort of humorous. Sort of.
But this Buddy and his dog...
****, that's just weird.

gabby11303

Reaction score
I vote #1

We had two dogs. Golden retrievers. My mom used to tell us (when we were older) that she liked her dogs better than her kids because they didn't talk back.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely #1 - WTF?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
I vote #1 We had two dogs. Golden retrievers. My mom used to tell us (when we were older) that she liked her dogs better than her kids because they didn't talk back.
nvm

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads