• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My long-running quest to find a pair of jeans that fit

T_B

Reaction score
Evening,

I've spend what seems like months trying to find a pair of jeans that fit.

I'm generally a 34-32, but irrespective of what style or cut of jeans I buy, I find that the crotch does not fit snugly with my balls and as a result the crotch point rubs against my legs.

What does seem to help is trying on jeans that are too small at the waist - a 32, for example - which brings the crotch point in more narrowly, but which are painfully too small around the waist.

I wonder if my balls are too small or if I've simply been unlucky with the style and cuts that I've been trying on? My Levi's 511 fit me well but as soon as I try something slimmer I encounter the same problem of the crotch point being too low.

I don't mind the crotch area being really small. I prefer something slimmer but nothing excessively skinny.

Any ideas if wearing sports underwear might help?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

T_B

Reaction score
Alas. I always knew my small balls were to blame.

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You not alone OP, Hulk Hogan got the world's smallest balls.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ that's a classic. Don't forget LBJ was also packing a knife in his slacks.

srs answer if srs, maybe just look for something with a lower rise. 7 for all mankind? :lookaround:

T_B

Reaction score
^ that's a classic. Don't forget LBJ was also packing a knife in his slacks.

srs answer if srs, maybe just look for something with a lower rise. 7 for all mankind? :lookaround:

Wow, they're really expensive.

I wear work trousers everyday and they're fine, though I imagine this is because the crotch point isn't rubbing against my legs and they're made of softer material?

I've had conversations on every corner of the internet with guys sharing the same issue - just yesterday the guy in the Levi's shop said he has the same issue.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Evening,

I've spend what seems like months trying to find a pair of jeans that fit.

I'm generally a 34-32, but irrespective of what style or cut of jeans I buy, I find that the crotch does not fit snugly with my balls and as a result the crotch point rubs against my legs.

What does seem to help is trying on jeans that are too small at the waist - a 32, for example - which brings the crotch point in more narrowly, but which are painfully too small around the waist.

I wonder if my balls are too small or if I've simply been unlucky with the style and cuts that I've been trying on? My Levi's 511 fit me well but as soon as I try something slimmer I encounter the same problem of the crotch point being too low.

I don't mind the crotch area being really small. I prefer something slimmer but nothing excessively skinny.

Any ideas if wearing sports underwear might help?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

@T_B

IMHO, has nothing to do with the size of your balls. I had exactly same problem with every pair of low to mid-rise pair of jeans. I suffered for over 20 years until I recently discovered "Iron Heart Denim", a premium Japanese brand by Iron Works.

The answer is to go for higher rise jeans with ample thigh room. Your inner thighs are rubbing because the crotch is too low and you cant pull the pants any higher cos the (small) thighs wont let you. It is like a low arm-hole on a suit jacket. It limits your degree of movement and drags the entire garment around when you move. Same with lower rise jeans for guys with thick thighs and smaller waist.

I went for high rise jeans (12' front, 16' back rise) and voila, the problem disappeared. Now the crotch fits snug and my things are free to move without rubbing. If you don't mind the jeans siting higher (which I like for dressing it up with Sport Coats).

BTW, I have 25" thighs and 31/32 waist, 32.5 Inseam

Alan Bee

Last edited:
Reactions: T_B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads