• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My London's trip = All you need to know

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I know it was a joke, and I thought it was a good on. Thats what I meant to say when I said good skills. Sorry if it came out differently.

K

sorry, you definitely did say that. apparently im just a skim reading ass
blush.gif

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69
Wind your neck in son! You don't know me, so button your lip!
angry.gif

Welp It's official....You've ruined the thread....

Spirit of 69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by misterjase
at least we did that in 1968 and were big enough to admit our wrongs and say sorry in 2008. i don't think the British would do that - EVER.

'white societies' have a lot to learn about the issue and I don't think the British (and derivatives like U.S. and Aus) can preach on racism from moral high ground.

Hey, who ya telling? I'm Irish! I couldn't agree more. That said I don't think I had any relatives transported from Ireland to Oz.
smile.gif

As regards the moral high ground, thats totally irrelevant. Racism is racism and everyone has a duty to stop it, regardless of their country's history!

tony19

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spirit of 69
Wind your neck in son! You don't know me, so button your lip!
angry.gif

Wind my neck in?? Is that a racial slur??

tony19

Reaction score
antirabbit;1657318 said:
Yo, please stop this, this thread is about Mandouche.

AMEN!

manouche

Reaction score
You are intending for us to see the blonde lady with the odd shaped calves?
Yes, this is one of the 2 pics I took

Did you recieve any comments on your Rolex in London?
No

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Manouche, would you like to meet up in Paris at end of March and we can sit over coffee and talk about our London experiences over the winter holiday. You can buy the drinks, of course.

I don't drink coffe but we could meet

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
sorry, i feel like im part of the reason this thread is getting derailed. so, to move away from this racism discussion, manouche how were you able to remove the ***** scratches to your rolex so that they were unnoticeable to the untrained eye?
smile.gif

With OUATOR

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manouche
I don't drink coffe but we could meet

What do you drink?

We could arrange something...
wink.gif

Come on, come all! A Manouche Meetup. What say you?

manouche

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
What do you drink?

We could arrange something...
wink.gif

Come on, come all! A Manouche Meetup. What say you?

Water melon juice

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am back

I went without eating anything, I found 2 small gateau that goes with cafÃ
00a9.png
on the train and ate them around 2 PM.

I saw no mac Donald, I bought 2 sandwiches at 6PM and ate one in the street and one in the subway like a gipsy. People were coming from job (the poor people) and the train was crowded but people were not pushing one each other like in Paris' subway.

Sum up :

1) I didn't use my camera, I had no time to lose, I only take 2 pics :

- one of the legs of a woman (above 45) from back

- one of me in a shop with a stuff used to see what is the shape of your head when you buy a hat

I made a short movie of the legs of the same woman and of a cab which was next to us

I was amazed to see that MOST of women were wearing skirts, stockings and heels despite the weather relatively cold. Even young girls dress like that.

In Paris, almost ALL girls wear pants, mostly jeans

==> Girls from London are not cold ?

2) Swaine Adeney Brigg

I had to pick up 2 items :

- A burgundy case

- A whangee umbrella from Papworth

The big deception, the case looked ratty, had a big defect (hollow as if it had been crashed at the lower part where you have 2 studs) and the umbrella is not AT all the same as the one they well at full price despite they told me it was the same

The shop closes at 5 PM !!!!

The saleswoman was not friendly and wanted to know my name and told me that normaly she wouldn't give me the case bescause I didn't put my true name on my email adress (I told her the name of my mistress who paid the case and gave the number of the deal so it shows that I am not a stranger who wants to steal a case!)

===> I asked a refund on the 2 items and will never buy again from them

3) I hadn't time to see any shoes, I missed James Smith umbrella's, didn't go to savile Row...

4) T&A

They are dorks

I brought a shirt I bought on ebay for a swap because the collar is too tight

They thought 10 minutes if they could make a swap as if I was asking a refund of £1000

They changed it but the saleman wanted me to try it on

I told him "do you think that I am stupid and don't know my size ?"

I bought 4 pockets squares, £10 instead of £35

I had many of the ones in sales, in different colors but I passed because having the same patterns in 5 colors is usless. I was in a hurry because SWA was closing, I may have taken a few more as on ebay they often go for more than £10.

5) H&K

I bought 11 shirts, tried to swap 2 I bought on ebay but the guy refused because they had a "made in England" label showing that they were at least 3 years old

The saleswomen in the first shop were friendly and in the 2d shop totaly unhelpful and dumb (one was reading a magazine and put it on the scarves, it took her 30 seconds to realialize that her stuff was preventing me to check the scarves, I looked at the capsn couldn't find my size but the young girl was dreaming instead of helping so I passed

I bought 3 scraves, 2 red and 1 orange, 1 for me, 2 form my girls

6) John Lock

The best experience

The salewoman was a chinese and that was a bad point at the begining as I expect an old foggie or an uptight virgin woman who as been working in the shop since its creation in the 18 century.

She help me to pick the right size, reshaped the new hat I took, took the shape of my head just to show me and told that my head had a strange shape because it was larger at the front than at the end.

I took : cap for my father on sales

A new hat instead of my rabbi too big Homburg, I picked up the Madison, a Fedora with narrow brims.

They sized down my cap, now the size is good

I took 2 women's hat because they were on sales, hope my girls will like them

I bought a brush for hat, could be used fo clothes as well, KENT OF BRUSH, not one sales but the chinese gave me £5 off, £30 instead of £35.

7) Cordings

I bought a covert coat, navy with no velvest color, the only coat in my size, 40R

Only 10% off but it was the only coat to fit me on the stomach (T&A is too baggy or too tight, New&Lingwwod too, only crombie was not bad but in size 38!)

Made in Portugal...

8) New and Lingwood

A very interesting saleguy. He was talking much, I was understanding few but he seemed to know about clothes. He had long greasy hair like me.

He explains me that English didn't care about single needle stitching on a shirt, they just wanted a sturdy shirts.

I had no time to undress and try on a shirt so I didn't buy anything.

I went to this shop for the covert coat and they don't fit me at all.

9) Dunhill

I stayed 30 seconds in the shop. Only 50% off and nothing more than in La vallÃ
00a9.png
e.

10) Crombie

Salesman was friendly but strangly dressed and looked cheap. I think he was a **** or something close. He tolmd the that CROMBIE invented the Covert coat and selling the best one. I told him that Cordings told me the same and he showed me a pic of a factory on the wall as an evidence.

Discount was £200, I found it weird and passed as the fit was slightly too large.

11) Harrod's

I went to Harrod's at the end of the day, they told me "no case" and "you put your case" I don't know where. I asked "it is free?"

He replied "no". I replied "then I will pass on Harrod's"

I had a huge red case with wheels.

12) Bates

I sew a nice hat but the guy told me I need a 57 while Lock told me a 58 so I was confused.

The guy was not friendly, didn't understand me, the shop was TINY, he had no Homburg, I told me that I didn't want a black Homburg because I don't want to look like a rabbi, he replied me that Homburg was not for rabbi but for diplomats. The shop was very dark.

May be I will order online.

I am tired.

Best one ever...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads