• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My latest suit from local Toronto tailor

gj555

Reaction score
While there are lots of threads on Toronto tailors - thought I would create a new one on my recent purchase of a suit from Raji Custom Tailors. I have recommended Raji before and this is my third suit from him. I chose a blue pinstripe Super 120s from the cloth he had in stock. I chose a level that includes all canvas construction, a basted fitting and hand sewn button holes. Pants have one pleat. Raji offers 4 levels of construction - and can make everything from a fused, half canvass, or full canvass suit to a complete handmade bespoke suit. My suit falls into the full canvass category which includes some hand work. During the process I did manage to have a look at a full bespoke suit he was working on and was very impressed with what is essentially a fully handmade suit. I should also mention that everything is made on site at his place of business (near York University).

His process is like other tailors. First appointment I chose the cloth, 2 button notch lapel, we talked about some styling points and he updated my measurements from his file. Second appointment, tried on pants and basted jacket where he noted some adjustments. Final step was picking up the suit.

So far, I am pleased. One thing that sticks out to me are the button holes (where he has done an awesome job).

I had trouble getting a clear photo from the front so will try and take some other shots in the next few days. Here is what I did manage to take...

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a6.jpg

a3-1.jpg

a5.jpg

a4.jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you are seeking constructive criticism then we really need photographs showing:

• the trousers fully - preferably with and without the coat back and front.

• You wearing the coat standing normally with one button fastened.

This set is interesting but little more.

nelly

Reaction score
Like the ticket pocket.

Trousers seem a little baggy (vs slim fit).

gj555

Reaction score
Part info for other Torontonians and part constructive criticism. I noted that I am missing the key photos. Just couldn't get proper photos using the auto feature of the camera (no one around to snap photos). When I went to process the photos, I had already changed for the day and put the suit. Essentially, I need to try again with more light.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the jacket. You didn't mention price. How much was THAT suit? Also, did you choose the lining or was that a standard lining.

CaymanS

Reaction score
Shoulder padding is a bit hefty. Agree - better pics are needed.

Doxe

Reaction score
GJ555,

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in seeing more detail pics, like around the pockets on the jacket and the pants. Also, pics of the internal pocket construction.

So far I've been getting my suits made at Bulloch Tailors.

I always compare the details to things I've seen from makers like WW Chan. The interior pocket construction is one item which shows care and attention by the tailor.

If I can get around to it, I may post comparison pics of my Bulloch suits.

Doxe

gj555

Reaction score
This is how the front fits. Still have not been able to get shots of the back.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
GJ555,

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in seeing more detail pics, like around the pockets on the jacket and the pants. Also, pics of the internal pocket construction.

So far I've been getting my suits made at Bulloch Tailors.

I always compare the details to things I've seen from makers like WW Chan. The interior pocket construction is one item which shows care and attention by the tailor.

If I can get around to it, I may post comparison pics of my Bulloch suits.

Doxe

Can you explain in greater detail what you are looking for in terms of around the pockets and interior pockets?

Does Bulloch make their suits or do they send them out elsewhere in the GTA to be made?

TurboTropic

Reaction score
Thanks for posting.

Jacket look nice. Pants look a bit too wide for me - personally I prefer quite a bit slimmer. It would be better if you were wearing shoes.

I'd also be interested in knowing what his prices are like.

abraham

Reaction score
The jacket looks great. I need to drop by this place, I'm looking to have some suits made in TO.

gj555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TurboTropic
Thanks for posting.

Jacket look nice. Pants look a bit too wide for me - personally I prefer quite a bit slimmer. It would be better if you were wearing shoes.

I'd also be interested in knowing what his prices are like.

Agree about the shoes but the carpets in my house are very light
smile.gif

Wants are probably a touch wide. But, I am not a fan of slim fit pants.

Prices depend on construction and fabric. Most range at a tad under the mid 1000s. But, you can go under $1000 if you go down a notch on construction. You can also go several hundred higher if you want a completely hand stiched suit (what he calls his bespoke suit, which also includes lots of handwork in the construction of the pants).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads