• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My last purchases

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pict00063yr.jpg
100% cashmere from Dunhill. Grey = knitted = 290 euros / I paid 117 euros Navy = woven = 235 euros / I paid 117.5 euros
pict00042zu.jpg

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere look much better than H&K scraf = less waves and less cashmere threads curling, more smooth

Has Dunhill 2 quality of scarves? I ask because at the same price there were 2 different sizes.

I picked up the smaller one (20cm less) because it looks better (less threads curling and better darker navy blue) and because I do not like/need a too long scarf.

Should I have taken the longer one for the same price (price sales) because the longer must have been more expensive at normal price ?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Being completely literal here: you spent more on two scarves than I did on my current car.

What's w/the embroidered logo? I didn't think Dunhill was that tacky. (Then again, all I have experience with are their cigarettes, which are more tasty than tacky.)

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being completely literal here: you spent more on two scarves than I did on my current car.

What's w/the embroidered logo? I didn't think Dunhill was that tacky. (Then again, all I have experience with are their cigarettes, which are more tasty than tacky.)
I guess cigarette have nothing to do with Alfred Dunhill. Am I right?

I agree the white tab is ugly. Not even tacky, just ugly.

Just a tab with washing instructions. Strange. Very strange on a scarf at this price.

No such tab on the navy one.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who did reply "none" ?

Why?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like both. Ernest, the tag with the white part is meant to be removed (in my opinion). It is only barely sewn on there, just clip those little threads and pull the thing off. I don't think the embroidery is tacky, the flash probably lit it up. It's probably near the color of the scarf, am I right?

Personally, I just got a 100% lambswool scarf 'Made in West Germany' for $5.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the embroidery is tacky
What are you talking about? The dunhill in blue?

No it is not tacky at all. The flash made it strange. You even do not see it when you wear the scarf.

I thought he was talking about the white tab. Yes I could unsew it.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably near the color of the scarf, am I right?
It is more light but you do not see it so much. On the other side you have a tab so you could show the tab if you prefer.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them both, although I would wear the blue one much more as it seems more versatile -- something I could see wearing with just about anything, whether dressy or casual. The knitted one (gray) is, IMO, a more casual design generally.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them both, although I would wear the blue one much more as it seems more versatile -- something I could see wearing with just about anything, whether dressy or casual.  The knitted one (gray) is, IMO, a more casual design generally.
I completely agree.

I have a woven grey from H&K for dressy

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why did you reply "none" ?

bryce330

Reaction score
Why did you reply "none" ?
The blue one is OK I guess, I just don't really think it's that versatile. I disagree with the other poster in that I think gray is more versatile since you can wear it with any color coat - black, charcoal, brown, etc. I couldn't see wearing the blue scarf with a black overcoat.

I like the color of the gray one, but I really don't like the ribbed texture at all. I'm sure I would probably like the woven gray H&K one you mentioned.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ Jan. 21 2005,11:22) Why did you reply "none" ?
The blue one is OK I guess, I just don't really think it's that versatile. Â I disagree with the other poster in that I think gray is more versatile since you can wear it with any color coat - black, charcoal, brown, etc. Â I couldn't see wearing the blue scarf with a black overcoat. I like the color of the gray one, but I really don't like the ribbed texture at all. Â I'm sure I would probably like the woven gray H&K one you mentioned.
So did you reply "none" ? The blue can be worn with a dressy blue coat or raincoat for sure. I guess it could be worn with a black coat or even with a gray one as it is rather a dark blue (not sure must try). And anyway with a black leather jacket for casual it would be ok. The grey can be worn with more color but is too casual for a suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads