• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Lanieri MTM Experience (ongoing)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you moving to Italy? Better business climate?
The proper answer is that after 7 years here I got tired and I am going to Italy to study bespoke shoemaking. And the best course is in Florence. There's a "rude" answer about my thoughts on Sweden, but I will not say it to not offend anyone.

My business will still be based in Stockholm, but it's online so my location doesn't matter. Plus, real coffee, fresh fruit, better weather.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The proper answer is that after 7 years here I got tired and I am going to Italy to study bespoke shoemaking. And the best course is in Florence. There's a "rude" answer about my thoughts on Sweden, but I will not say it to not offend anyone.

My business will still be based in Stockholm, but it's online so my location doesn't matter. Plus, real coffee, fresh fruit, better weather.

Wow, good luck on what sounds like an exciting adventure.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never been to Sweden. What are some of the good things about it?

I've spent three months in Sweden, two of them being winter months and one being summer. Winters were fairly cold where I was in Sweden. Other parts of the country get colder.

The summer weather is glorious. Temperatures didn't get too hot, days were very long, and after months of Swedish winter, people were out and about all over the city where I was staying. The city seemed to come to life!

The best things (for me) about Sweden were:

Not overly hot summer weather

Long summer days - the sun was just below the horizon at midnight

Excellent seafood

Nice people

Heavy metal concerts

The worst things:

The coffee is horrible gutrot juice.The people in my office would make the strongest coffee I've ever tasted and it never sat well with me. I bought some to brew on my own and while I didn't make it as strong as my colleagues, it was still nothing special. Arvid Norqvist was considered good coffee. I strongly disagree.

On winter days, the sun would go down before 4pm so nights were long. That was tough.

It's very expensive.

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Well, the shipping window for shirt #2 expired yesterday and I got my second "shipping delay" email.

We're 64 days in now. Farragosto cannot be blamed with this order.....ha! My linen shirt may not be here in time for Octoberfest. no matter - we'll see what the second iteration of the fit is like.

So far, Lanieri has great fabrics - reasonable but not great fit, is slightly higher priced than Luxire (similar to Proper Cloth), and is by far the slowest of all the services.

That said, speed is probably the least important aspect of the purchase to me, but it is nice to be able to get the fit dialed in more quickly.

Overall, of all the MTM companies I've tried, I'd have to say Luxire is the best for shirts and trousers. I will try a Lanieri suit next as that seems promising and I don't mind waiting for a perfect one. I have one on the way from another company and the comparison will be interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads