• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my Langes visit Atelier du Bracelet Parisien (pictorial)

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Paris on Friday and scheduled to pick up my 2 custom straps from ABP. My first strap purchased last year has held up really well, so this time around I’ve decided to be a bit more adventurous with their special tanning of crocodile with a gunmetal grey contrast stitch. The ABP boutique itself is centrally located at place du marchÃ
00a9.png
Saint HonorÃ
00a9.png
in the 1ere arrondisement, just off avenue de l’opÃ
00a9.png
ra. It’s a small establishment, with the walls lined and stacked with bins filled with all manner of skins – from everyday calf, alligator and crocodile to the more exotic like python, anaconda, kangaroo and emu. Suffice to say, they offer skins from many animals which I wouldn’t have even have thought of – PETA would have a collective embolism. Orders are placed online, and the process is very thorough (and the first time around, fairly time-consuming). There is an almost infinite number of permutations available – shape, thickness, stitch type, thickness and color, folded edges, lining material, etc. Customer support via email or phone has been excellent, and as they have just returned from summer holiday this Tuesday they agreed to expedite my order without upcharge (I ordered early August). Most customers have their straps sent to them, but since I’m in town often enough I prefer to come in and have the straps sized to my wrist with a single pinhole. A tiny detail, yes, but how many of us on SF obsess over such tiny details! Now the downside. These straps were already expensive last year, and prices went up substantially for 2010. I have no plans for another order in the near future, but for all the WIS and watch freaks on SF I can state that ABP should be considered one of the top-tier alternatives for customizing wrist candy. I’m really pleased with how my 1815 chrono has increased in versatility, the richness of the strap not only accenting the blued hands but providing visual interest as compared to standard black. Likewise, the special tanned brown provides overall warmth to my L1 MP, the grey stitch complements the rhodium dial, and this combination now pairs well with over 80% of my shoes. Overall, I’m extremely pleased and find ABP to be a perfect complement for my Langes. Enjoy the pics…
6eaeeb5d.jpg
2f8c402e.jpg
1f71dc85.jpg
caa34411.jpg
3f67bc41.jpg
75640d08.jpg
ae52bda5.jpg
42ab5b89.jpg
ce70a7bf.jpg
f62d2d7f.jpg
823c59a3.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Awesome shop, great service and your watches look outstanding.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, the back of the L&S chronos are always so hot

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mention prices, could you give some examples of the prices for the straps you've had made?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great watches .

I shouldn´t have sold my only IWC .. damn crisis.

sharpie12

Reaction score
Nice pairs. If you don't mind me asking how much for the straps?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those watches! And the bands are awesome. The pictures make me all tingly inside.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Badass.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome. i've been there once, and ordered some custom Panerai straps from them. there's a light blue croc skin still there with my name on it (figuratively!

thanks for sharing!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
You mention prices, could you give some examples of the prices for the straps you've had made?

The current base price for crocodile is EUR250; with the options I selected the new acquisitions were EUR300. My first ABP strap (on the chrono in the first watch pic) had folded edges, so that configuration today would run EUR400.

Best is to hit www.abp-paris.com and build a strap - it will give you all the options and individual option pricing.

Siggy

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! I think I'll order and stop in to pic up next week. Its worth it to get a damn strap that fits my skinny wrist right. I'll won't go croc though.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seems like they treated you better than me. The woman changing out my strap to take measurements hacked several scratches and a gash into the back of my Portuguese. She used a repetitive hammering action to get the spring bar out. I've never seen anything like it. F*cking *****. Oh, then when I asked for a disposable polishing cloth to help get out the scratches, they refused unless I paid 60 euros for it.

Siggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Seems like they treated you better than me. The woman changing out my strap to take measurements hacked several scratches and a gash into the back of my Portuguese. She used a repetitive hammering action to get the spring bar out. I've never seen anything like it. F*cking *****. Oh, then when I asked for a disposable polishing cloth to help get out the scratches, they refused unless I paid 60 euros for it.

WTF? Did you go
ffffuuuu.gif
foo.gif
on them? I might not go there after all.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret not sucking it up and going this route when choosing a strap for my vintage Omega.

It's no where even in the same ball park as your fine timepieces, but I wanted a high quality crocodile strap for mine, and spent a good month worth of online research looking for just the right one.

I was particularly looking for a strap that wasn't overly padded, had large rectangular scales, and wasn't glossy, yet not quite matte finished either, but somewhere in the middle.

I don't recall where I ended up purchasing mine from, but I do remember it being only about $100-$150 or so cheaper than if I were to go with a ABP strap. I regret that choice now, since I don't like how thin the material seems to be, there's no depth or texture to the individual scales, and it seems that the lighting used to photograph the straps online did a good job hiding how glossy the strap ended up being. So, lesson learned.

Straps like yours would really set any fine timepiece apart. I've got a bit of buyers remorse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads