• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My LA tailor has made me very unhappy!

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, you read it, Paul from Wilshire Tailor, whom I raved about only days ago has made me very upset. Ever since he did those two suits for me, I can't even put on any of my others, they just don't fit as well! Now, I have to treck back over there this weekend so that he can slim down some pants on what used to be my favorite suit. It makes things very difficult when a tailor fits things so well that you see that your other items are just alright. I'm not sure what the long-term solution is, but I suppose that no matter what part of LA I live in, I'll just have to keep driving over there. So yea, I'm still raving about the place and the work they do, and will (gasp!) be wearing the same suit today that I did either yesterday or the one I wore on Monday.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Yup, you read it, Paul from Wilshire Tailor, whom I raved about only days ago has made me very upset. Ever since he did those two suits for me, I can't even put on any of my others, they just don't fit as well! Now, I have to treck back over there this weekend so that he can slim down some pants on what used to be my favorite suit. It makes things very difficult when a tailor fits things so well that you see that your other items are just alright. I'm not sure what the long-term solution is, but I suppose that no matter what part of LA I live in, I'll just have to keep driving over there. So yea, I'm still raving about the place and the work they do, and will (gasp!) be wearing the same suit today that I did either yesterday or the one I wore on Monday.
Where on Wilshire is he?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is Wilshire Tailor, and I believe he is at 6229 (or that block) Wilshire. I don't think he does bespoke, just alterations, he has a very small shop. He used to be at Saks and Neimans, and when I brought him a suit that had been pinned up at Saks (I decided to not use them when they told me at least two weeks) he sort of frowned and proceeded to undo all of it and redo it (differently) himeself. He also convinced me to have the right shoulder re-built as opposed to padded (what the Saks guy wanted to do) because the slight drop on that shoulder was very noticable with all the extra material on this suit. In retrospect, after wearing the suits twice, I am glad he didn't put weighted material at the pant cuffs (they are plain bottom), I like them as is. The only oversight I can see: He forgot to cut the stitching holding the pockets shut. I can live with that. He will soon be redoing a pair of suit pants from a beloved Dolce and Gabbana that I don't wear as much as I'd like because the pants are just a bit too baggy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
that is terrible! i am dumbfounded by your misfortune!!!
laugh.gif

how about posting some "suit Appreciation"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads